Thread: 'app error 603' with White Screen on Blackberry 9700

'app error 603' with White Screen on Blackberry 9700

I just recently purchased the blackberry 9700 as it has cool features but after some days it was observed that my battery was running down very fast. Then my blackberry 9700 which has OS 6 bundle 2949 for what reason I don’t know showing some grave indications of low memory. When I observe at the app status, I see that the Blackberry OS/apps is making use of most memory, all else is least. lastly I get some warning from the device regarding the low memory as well as removing a few apps. followed by this is a major one which shows white screen with "app error 603" on it along with a small text 'reset' to click on. Can you make some suggestions regarding the same case.

re: 'app error 603' with White Screen on Blackberry 9700

I have found some information regarding this case and you need to collect the log information in this case. I have mentioned some steps which you will find useful.
    • So you need to get the Loader.exe tool, and then install the BlackBerry Desktop Software and this will install the essential components to your PC.
    • Yo need to extract a full copy of BlackBerry smartphone event logs to a text file by making use of loader.exe on a computer

And regarding the BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.1 , follow the steps mentioned below.
    1. You need to click on the Help icon which is present in the top right of BlackBerry Desktop Software
    2. From the Help menu , you need to make a selection for Support Resources and then support Tools
    3. So under Change Log Level, you need to click Debug
    4. If you are prompted with , you need to type in the BlackBerry smartphone password
    5. And then finally click Ok
    6. Under Generate Support Log, you need to click Generate
    7. After this you are prompted with Support Logs created, and then press click Browse so that you are able to log files
    8. You need to collect the eventlog.txt output files.
    9. And then click Ok .

I was also with the same error and after a hard reset , everything was fine in my case. So there are guys who have some doubt to perform this case and I need to say that a reset of a BlackBerry smartphone will not delete any settings or data so there is no issue in having an hard reset.

There are some guys who have this issue subsisting in their case after performing a hard reset. So , I have some solution which will help in their case.
    1. You need to click on the Help icon which is present in the top right of BlackBerry Desktop Software. And from the Help menu you need to make a selection of the Support Resources and then Support Tools
    2. Under File System Dump, you need to select File system dump
    3. type in the BlackBerry smartphone password after this one.
    4. You need to click on Browse to file.
    5. And then collect the DeviceFileSystem.dmp output files.

The above information I s right but apllies in the case of version 6.1 but I have some solution which wil work for earlier versions of BlackBerry Desktop software:
    1. You need to connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the system by making use of USB cable.
    2. Then open the command prompt and then you need to type in : cd c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    3. And a system with 64 bit system, you need to type: cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    4. Then you can type this one : loader.exe /dump C:\devicedump
    5. In addition to this , The devicedump file is extracted from the BlackBerry Smartphone and is saved to the C:\drive. Hope this solution helps you in your case.

I was with the same issue and after reinstalling the OS is, in many cases the lone solution which I tried it and there are no issues . If you made an installation of OS 6 on the BB 9700, you might see alike errors in the future. As it has came up to me that the BB 9700 was not made for that OS. OS 5 is still the most excellent for this phone.

Are you making use of a full backup at the time of restoring the OS? possibly something in that backup is causing the error. I have made an installation of all those apps with no issue . you need to make some settings for reloading the OS with only your contacts backed up with no device settings.

Hello guys, I think that the issue is concerning with your apps and I was also having some similar issues but after making use of Paypal along with Scoremobile there were no such errors. Also if that does not help , you need to check in whether you are making use of shrink an OS or anything else so that you are able to remove any of the OS files? Have you attempted also uninstalling 246 from your system and making an installation of a clean copy? In addition to this have you attempted for loading 284?

In this case i just made a downloaded of the OS (both 246 along with 286) directly from the blackberry site and then made a installation of it and used BBSAK to load it. in each instances , they were clean installs of the OS. And I have made checks that the 284 has been running very well although I have made some installation of google maps foursquare along with ubertwitter until now.

It has to be moreover an app issue or a restored settings difficulty. Your finest bet is to not do a full restore from your backup following wiping rather than you need to just restore data like calendar , contacts and then some memos. then you need to go through and then make some setting up of OS6 manually.

You are also able to accomplish this by making use of DM and then select the restore. after you pick which backup file to restore from there , you will have a little box with which you can tick to select items so that you are able to restore. followed by this go through and just pick the really significant ones which contain data. afterward just make an installation of the apps manually and then one by one install the smaller/less familiar apps that might not be compatible and make out if one of them causes the issue. Further , I can say that it might be just the data restore. or else just one of the apps which is causing the issue . however it could also a combination of both.