Thread: Restore factory settings on my Toshiba Satellite C675

Restore factory settings on my Toshiba Satellite C675

I need help extremely bad right now. I recently received a Toshiba Satellite C675 for christmas and I have a HUGE problem. Not too long ago my laptop had a terrible virus where I couldn't access Windows through any means. I tired F8, "0", among others. Not thinking at the time I thought I could just install Windows Vista and everything would be back to normal.. Wrong! Windows is now recognizing my laptop as a PC and is nothing like the laptop I first had. I then Installed Windows 7 Home Premium, which I believe was the original Windows on my laptop, didn't work. I was hoping now I could just restore the laptop's factory settings to the first day it was purchased. The problem is I have tried everying and nothing is working. I have read every forum where they are telling people to go to System Recovery Options and there will be an option to restore to factory settings. My has no options, my options are as followed: Startup Repair, System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt. I would greatly appreciate if anyone would could help me with my problem. I just want my old laptop back.

Thanks In Advance!

Re: Restore factory settings on my Toshiba Satellite C675

When you purchased the laptop did you received any Recovery Cd with it. Check if possible. Second thing, every branded laptop has a recovery partition. This partition is hidden and not visible. This partition has your original Windows and other software. So first thing when you purchase it you have to make a Recover disk out of it. If you check the Start Menu you can find a Recovery Manager or any similar tool. This tool is used to make a bootable recovery disc. I hope you had not formatted your entire system.

Re: Restore factory settings on my Toshiba Satellite C675

Hey Thanks for the reply but I figured everything out after a grueling week! It didn't come with a recovery cd and I never made a back up CD which is why it was so hard. What I did was reinstalled Windows 7 and Downloaded all of the seperate drivers that came with my Toshiba. For future references if anyone ever has this problem, just download Windows and install it, then search for your computers drivers, download and install them from a USB flash drive or CD.. And everything should be ok.

Thanks again for your reply.