Thread: Cannot install new BIOS on Sony Vaio VPCSC31FM laptop

Cannot install new BIOS on Sony Vaio VPCSC31FM laptop

Few days ago I have purchased the Sony vaio VPCSC31FM laptop. When I first got this, the stock version BIOS was R2084H4. Vaio update app showed me that there is a latest version bios available (R2085H4). So I tried to install it but the installation showed me an error message saying that “this version update is no compatible with your computer model". So then I tried to download and install from the Sony support site but this time also got the same results. Can anyone tell me what could the problem.

Re: Cannot install new BIOS on Sony Vaio VPCSC31FM laptop

It seems to me that you have problem with the previous version of BIOS. You might have changed some setting. You have to reset the bios and fix the fault. First of all unplug your computer peripheral devices, including charger, and disconnect the battery then press and hold the ON button for 30 seconds. Connect the battery and charger and try turning on your computer before it show any screen, including the VAIO screen, repeatedly press the F2 key. In the window of the BIOS press the f3 and f4 to restore settings to save changes and exit.

All BIOS updates are released simultaneously at a European level and can be found on the support page. The scenario is quite simple - there is no BIOS update for your model.

Should there have been one which has now disappeared - which is very unlikely, then the scenario is quite simply the fact that such a hard error found that one was taking it back online. Possibly, yes the bios update is not what you think of yours, but for a similar model or may be not suitable for your model. Try resetting BIOS to its factory settings and then try to flash the BIOS. What method you are using to flash the BIOS in Sony vaio? Some manufacturer provides their own tool or method to flash the BIOS. You have to refer the manual or document for that.