Thread: BlackBerry Bold 9900 Autolocks at random time

BlackBerry Bold 9900 Autolocks at random time

It seems to me that BlackBerry Bold 9900 does not Autolock at specified time. First I put the autolock period as 1 min then i changed it 1 hour. Now the phone does not autolock after 1 hour but 1 min. How can I make it proper?

Re: BlackBerry Bold 9900 Autolocks at random time

It is definitely seems to me like an OS or firmware related problem. I don’t have any other reason for this unless if you have installed any third party keypad or screen lock app. It happens usually whenever you install a third party application in your BB phone. It may interfere with other functions of the phone, in addition to the phone’s inbuilt feature.

Those who prefer to set up security options without or without a keypad lock password that can access the software "AutoLock" back. You can configure the automatic key lock in the menu. Under Options -> AutoLock . You can control whether the automatic keylock is activated and the time after which this should occur. In addition, you can set the keypad lock is not active when you make grade (Action when on call) or if the phone is connected to the PC (when plugged in Action). Two in my opinion very good features.

If you are looking for an application that would automatically lock the touchscreen of BlackBerry smartphones without resorting to any other key, try Speedlock. This application can quickly lock the screen of your device without having to use any button or keyboard. With Speedlock you can quickly lock the device, so with a simple tap on the screen we can unlock it. The convenience of having installed Speedlock lies in the fact that automatically locks the screen. We can configure the block when the backlight turns off and with a quick tap on the screen to unlock access to various functionality.

Did you try reloading the OS? The issue seems like a firmware related and I don’t think that there is any other way to solve it other than reloading the OS on the phone. Otherwise you need to perform a hard reset. The drawback is in both ways you will lose the data stored in your phone.