Thread: Frequent freeze and blank screen in BlackBerry Bold 9900

Frequent freeze and blank screen in BlackBerry Bold 9900

From the past one week I have been experiencing frequent freezing in BB bold 9900 and sometimes the screen goes completely blank but the trackpad lights up. When there is a blank screen and if I press the on Make Call, the phone makes a call to last dialed number but I cannot see anything on the screen. Even I can receive call from some other person but nothing will be displayed on the screen. I have to reboot the phone more than 2 times in order to bring back the screen to normal condition.

Re: Frequent freeze and blank screen in BlackBerry Bold 9900

It seems to me that, it is not so easy to find a solution to this problem. The cause of the issue might be anything. In my case the same problem started when I downloaded and installed the QR barcode reader. So I have deleted all 3rd party apps as well as deleted all temporary files and cache. Then only the problem solved. Sometimes I need to reload the OS.

Do you have many applications loaded/installed?

What OS running?

This happens after you have installed any particular application?

It seems to me that your phone is suffering from memory leak. When the application is run out of memory, the phone simply freezes. Any application could cause this. You need to keep an eye on free applications installed in your phone.

There have been specific cases where changing PC communication has been achieved, there are times when the configuration of a machine is not 100% compatible with the BB but they are very very specific cases.

This problem occurs in almost any computing device. Something happens and suddenly cannot move up or down, or click on anything. It's annoying, but there are actually two ways to fix it. Either you need to do a soft reset, which can be done by ALT + DELETE + CAP in the phone simultaneously. If this method fails, then you have to perform a hard reset. For this you need to find a RESET button on the back of the smartphone. Sometimes, you can find this button near the bottom, under the battery cover. Press the RESET button using a pin or paper clip.

For blank screen, first of all you need to check whether it is a LCD failure or firmware failure. To check it you need BB desktop software. Make sure that your PC installed with this software. Connect the phone to computer by the use of USB cable and launch BB toolkit. Now go to the tab "options"> enter BB password> Go to the screenshot tab and make a screenshot. If you can capture the screenshot properly then assume that there is no problem with the OS. You have to check the display behind it.