Thread: Dell XPS 17 does not recognize LCD TV after connecting via HDMI

Dell XPS 17 does not recognize LCD TV after connecting via HDMI

Hi friends I have Dell XPS 17 laptop in which I have windows 7 operating system. When I connect my LCD TV with my laptop at that time my laptop does not recognize it. What should I do to solve this problem? if anyone have solution regarding this then let me know.

Re: Dell XPS 17 does not recognize LCD TV after connecting via HDMI

I have read your problem and I will suggest you try these steps to solve this problem. First you have to connect your LCD TV with your laptop. Now after that you have to right click on your desktop and then you have to click on change resolution option. now click on display dropdown box and check whether it shows your LCD TV or not? if it does not shows then you have to click on detect button and then check whether your laptop can detect your LCD TV or not? many times when you click on detect button at that time it detects additional display connected with your laptop. I hope this solution will helps you to solve this problem.

Hi guys I am also using Dell XPS 17-L701X laptop and I am also facing issues while connecting my TV with my laptop. I have tried all the setting but problem does not get solved. Reinstalling graphic drivers does not help to solve this problem. Please help me to solve this problem.

According to me you should try different HDMI cable and then connect your LCD TV with your Dell XPS 17 laptop and then check what the result is. You have to also connect your laptop with any other LCD TV via HDMI and see whether you get same problem or not?

After referring your solution I have tried to detect display from the screen resolution setting but after that also I get same problem. Now after that I have also tried checked my laptop with different HDMI cable but problem does not get solved. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

As far as I know Dell XPS 17 laptop have mini DisplayPort and that is why I will suggest you to use HDMI mini port adaptor and then try to connect your LCD TV with your laptop and then your problem will get solved. I was also experiencing same problem and then I have bought HDMI mini port adaptor and then connected one side of HDMI cable with my TV and another with HDMI mini port adaptor and then I have connect adapter with my laptop. Now after that my problem gets solved. You should also try this solution.

Thank you for helping me. After reading your solution I have connected my LCD TV with my laptop using HDMI mini port adaptor and then problem get solved. now all the things are working like a charm.