Thread: Wireless enable and disable icon does not appear in Dell Studio 1747

Wireless enable and disable icon does not appear in Dell Studio 1747

Hello friends I am using Dell Studio 1747 laptop and I am experiencing problem with my laptop. In my laptop whenever I enable or disable at that time I cannot see WIFI icon on screen. I am also notable to access wireless connection in my laptop. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Wireless enable and disable icon does not appear in Dell Studio 1747

First of all you have to check whether in your laptop Dell QuickSet is installed or not? if Dell quickset is not installed then you have to install it first because without Dell quickset you will not able to see WIFI, beifghtness, volume symbol while pressing function keys.

If you want to download Dell QuickSet in your laptop then you have to visit official site of the Dell and there you have to look for your Dell studio 1747 model. Now after that select your operating system and then download Dell QuickSet. Or you can download Dell quickset by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

If Dell QuickSet is already installed in your laptop and then also you are facing this problem then I would like to tell you that you should first check whether wireless is enabled in Windows Mobility Center or not? If wireless is not enabled there then you have to enable it and then your problem will get solved.

Yes by enabling the wireless from the Windows Mobility Center you can solve this problem. All you need to do is to open start menu in your laptop. Now you have to open control panel. After that you have to go to the Windows Mobility Center. After doing that you have to enable wireless from there. If after enabling the wireless connection also if you get same problem then let me know.

Thank you for helping me. After referring your solution I have downloaded and installed Dell QuickSet in my laptop and then when I pressed FN/F2 key at that time wireless enable symbol appears on the screen but problem is I am not able to connect to internet. If I go to the device manager and check wireless adapter status at that time it shows “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” message. I have tried to solve this problem by uninstalling wireless drivers and installing it again but that didn’t help me. Now after that I have installed latest drivers but result was same. What should I do to solve this problem?

To solve this problem need to Change antenna diversity of wireless adapter from auto to aux and then your problem will get solved. same thing happen with my Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop and then I have changed antenna diversity of wireless adapter from auto to aux after that my problem get solved.

You can antenna diversity with following steps.
    • Open device manger.
    • Right click in wireless device.
    • Select properties.
    • Click on advance option.
    • Select antenna diversity to aux and click on OK.

If above solution does not helped you to solve this problem then I will suggest you to open change the startup type of WLAN AutoConfig service to automatic and then restart your laptop. After trying this solution you will not face any problem.

To change the startup type of WLAN AutoConfig service you have to type services.msc in start menu search box and then press enter. After that look for the WLAN AutoConfig service and double click on that. After that change startup type.