Thread: Does LG Spectrum has the global capabilities

Does LG Spectrum has the global capabilities

here is what I need to know I am planning to get a new Smartphone and LG spectrum is the choice , will get the Verizon on LTE but there something I need to know I have to travel to UK now and then so my phone should have the capability to use the GSM network of the UK and S America as well . now I saw the web that said this is likely. I am also aware that the moto D4 also had the global update but that was vague. Called the Verizon rep and as expected they have no clue about this , is there anyone here can help me to know anything on this I will be really appreciating that thanks

Re: Does LG Spectrum has the global capabilities

Well as far as I have know the Two of Verizon "global phones", LG Spectrum as well as Motorola Droid 4, will have the global roaming ability till the of June this year. It has the capability at present, is just not accessible so far. The both these handset are not just global roaming handsets, although have the ability of LTE, which can roam over CDMA / GSM.

The Motorola Droid 4 as well as the LG Spectrum supposed to be capable of roam on CDMA or GSM network internationally. actually, I have even Heard That before the Spectrum will be a world phone, That Were gone unspecified in the handset official announcement.

This quality certainly is nothing new for Verizon, in the end it 's been promotion global roaming devices for a as at the present. however These Are the first LTE- able phones to feature That functionality.

Well in case you are in search of a 4GLTE phone on Verizon which has global ability you were well not found any but that was earlier now that has changes as Verizon announced that both the DROID 4 as well as LG Spectrum are global roaming capable. Not only it will work on Verizon’s 4G LTE network that I currently present in the US but also will can utilize global GSM networks while overseas. Other 4G LTE handset were not able of global roaming because of “network problem.

I got that news as well that the LG Spectrum may be the first 4G LTE handset with these ability nothing was publicize for moreover that or else for the DROID 4 phone as well . So with that, you will no longer have to use the with a 3G phone similar to the DROID 3 or else DROID Incredible 2 if you are needed global ability.

So that means it has the capability but not yet turned on . So there is the hardware that can do this , and Verizon is functioning on at the moment it seems that A Few network improvement so it can in fact permit this function

Can i make use of my droid bionic with the new straight talk SIM cards? I mean do we ablr to buy SIM CARDS overseas, or is Verizon keep the whole thing to itself, making me pay extra than required to roam?

This I really is the huge information for Verizon customers who are frequently continent waiting because of the work or personal reason . You’ll shortly can get the a truly global roaming 4G LTE device plus not have to concerned regarding if you are going to overseas. I’m still expect some twist in Verizon’s 4G LTE network as a result I’d still ere on the side of caution while make mind up on a global handset, however in any case you can anticipate improved global support by the end of this year.

LG Spectrum incorporated global roaming ability, however after that that feature was nowhere to be originate when the device was announce ? looks like the both the LG Spectrum as well as the Motorola DROID 4 set GSM/WCDMA roaming support, and that feature will be enabled later by the Verizon .

As far as I know the ability won't be accessible at release. Verizon says that it's operational on "network enhancements" to get better roaming consistency on LTE devices, and it'll be turned on for both handsets through software update afterward in the year, probable in the first half. Keep the European vacations off the calendar for the subsequent months, although, and you must be alright.