Thread: How to root LG Spectrum

How to root LG Spectrum

hi guys

I have recently bought this phone and like to tell you all that this is one of the best phone that I have seen , really great specs this phone has and the 8 Megapixel camera really cool , but like to ask that has nay one here has rooted LG Spectrum yet, I have been looking for this for a long time now but unable to find anything on this issue , , is there any one here has rooted there LG Spectrum can help me on this issue I will be really appreciating this

thanks in advance

Re: How to root LG Spectrum

Well I was also looking for the same thing and have the disappoint you that noting at the moment is working , I have tried all the roots on the Gingerbread but that I not working , tried the LG Nitro root app that even not working either , really nice phone but nothing is good in rooting , hope there will be someone find a way to root this phone

Well guess I can help you just download this files for
    Windows
    Linux / MAC OS X

Now do as the following
    1. Reboot the device
    2. Put it in the USB debugging mode
    3. Now connect the handset to the PC
    4. Now extract the file on the computer
    5. Run the "run.bat" in case of windows and run.sh for the Linux / MAC OS X

That it now your LG Spectrum is rooted

Enjoy

There is something wrong with my phone , I am connecting It to the pc with the with Debugging mode enabled but the command prompt is showing Waiting for device and all , I also installed the all the LG usb driver but nothing is helping

Yeah that is the same thing that I am facing is , the command prompt is unable to get this phone recognize , I there someone has actually successesfuly done the process can help us with the proper usb driver so that I am able connect the phone to the pc

That root is the best however before using that do the following

1. Don’t forget to copy your all Data. If you've got synced the device with a Google account, then the contacts, calendar, Gmail, and choose alternative Google-related all Data won't be lost and can return when future sync. However, you ought to backup something you wish to stay that's not stored on the SD card:

• All the SMS/MMS messages,
      • Every Call Log,
      • All the web Bookmarks,
      • Applications ( and for that use Titanium Backup or the Astro File Manager)
      • Any application Data not on the SD card.

2. It would even be the great thing to backup everything stored on the SD card within the rare case the SD card should be formatted to resolve any major issues.
    3. The applications that is Free which can help with backing up your all Data.
      • My Backup Root
      • SMS Backup and Restore
      • Call Backup and Restore are all

4. Ensure that LG USB Driver is put in on your laptop. If not, install it now: Download / Mirror
    5. make certain that your phones’s battery level isn't but seventy %.
    6. ensure that USB Debugging is enabled on the Galaxy S2 (Settings » Applications » Development » USB debugging).

no luck. I put in and ran LGMobile Support tool, put in the drivers manualy by craving for its IMEI, when it downloaded I ran the “LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN36AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.6.exe” It put in ok. Still after I run LGMobile Support tool, it doesn't detect my phone in any respect..

Guys this really bad idea , I don’t understand why you guys need to root your phone, rooting is the bad idea. the fact that your phone warranty will be annulled. more often than not every manufacturers offer a service contract of one year for the phone and they do not permit one to root the device as well as access system files. nevertheless, Android is an open source OS thus for this reason there present rooting! as well, you can unroot LG Spectrum afterward in case you need to take advantage of your device’s warranty.

Rooting has quite plenty of benefits. a couple of prime benefits of rooting are
    1. Rooting allows you to customize your phone in an exceedingly higher method.
    2. Install Custom ROMs to enhance the performance.
    3. take away System apps that you are do not want and hence free area
    4. Convert the file system of current RFS to the faster ext4 file formats
    5. Convert Downloaded apps to system App