Thread: LG Spectrum reboots on its own

LG Spectrum reboots on its own

I got this phone on the day when it was released. Though I found it to be as a descent phone but the only complains that I have with this phone is the phone getting restarted on its own sometimes. Sometimes in a day it happens to reboot 5-6 times in a day. Which is really abnormal, I don’t know what is the fix for the same can you all tell me? Few days back I recently added some applications in my phone, so is that the reason for rebooting or something else?

Please tell me some valid reasons for the same and how can I counter attack this issue. Waiting for your response.

Re: LG Spectrum reboots on its own

Quote Originally Posted by BSOD.K View Post
    I got this phone on the day when it was released. Though I found it to be as a descent phone but the only complains that I have with this phone is the phone getting restarted on its own sometimes. Sometimes in a day it happens to reboot 5-6 times in a day. Which is really abnormal, I don’t know what is the fix for the same can you all tell me? Few days back I recently added some applications in my phone, so is that the reason for rebooting or something else?

Please tell me some valid reasons for the same and how can I counter attack this issue. Waiting for your response.
    Yes probably that could have been the reason why it is rebooting. I would say better remove of those applications and then check if you are still facing the same issue or not with the phone. so give a try for the same and tell me if everything is perfect or not.

I would say you have a chat with the Verizon or the lg support team for the same. Probably they are the best persons in this industry to let you know what and where exactly have you gone wrong, so better have a check with them for the same and ask them how to get it solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamPa View Post
    I would say you have a chat with the Verizon or the lg support team for the same. Probably they are the best persons in this industry to let you know what and where exactly have you gone wrong, so better have a check with them for the same and ask them how to get it solved.
    No need to call them I did have a call with the VZW and they are telling me that they are working on that issue and the cause of the issue are simply unknown to them, really this kind of answers are not expected from them but still we get to hear such kind of answers from them. God knows what can be done of these guys?

When I asked them about when the fix will be coming up? They did not have the idea about the same. so I am bit frustrated as of now hearing their responses.

You are talking about the apps and all. You know what I haven’t installed a single app or a game in my spectrum and still my phone reboots. Yes it happens a lot sometimes 5-6 times in a day. I think ICS will fix up all such issues.

The problem might be related with the memory card or the firmware of your phone for once check your memory card is proper or not. use it with the other phones and see if it can work properly or not on that phone? though I don’t have a lg spectrum but even I had a rebooting issue with m nokia phone and later the problem was traced to a fault memory card. so memory sometimes does play a vital role in all such things. Better check that out and also update your firmware of the phone. do try both the suggestions that I have given you as of now and let me know if that works or not. That’s it from my side for you all.

Have a good day!

unsure Re: LG Spectrum reboots on its own

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mcgrath View Post
    You are talking about the apps and all. You know what I haven’t installed a single app or a game in my spectrum and still my phone reboots. Yes it happens a lot sometimes 5-6 times in a day. I think ICS will fix up all such issues.
    I just wonder how can ICS make so much difference at all, I don’t think ICS will have any role to play for this. that’s my opinion.

I would say better show your phone to the LG service center or VZW and get it replaced with the new one. If you are facing so many random reboots in a day then why are you waiting and working with that phone. Go ahead and get it replaced. Unless and until you have rooted the phone it should not give you any kind of problems at all in the replacement. Get the phone replaced guys.

Happy Re: LG Spectrum reboots on its own

Yes I got a brand new LG sensation. This new phone does not have this issue. After a week of frustration with this phone I finally decided to get that phone replaced with the new phone. The service center guys were quite kind and they did not took it long to get it replaced.

So I am happy that this new phone works perfectly fine for me.