Thread: Daylight Saving time in LG Spectrum

Daylight Saving time in LG Spectrum

I am using the LG Spectrum now. There is a problem with my main widget clock on the home screen. The time in that widget shows still an hour behind and there is no way I can change it. The time in the upper right of phone showing proper and exactly as configured by me. It can be changed as required and it changes also but no changes happens to Home screen clock. The city is showing properly, date is set correct. Weather showing proper readings but still time of off by 1 hour. How?

Re: Daylight Saving time in LG Spectrum

It seems to me that you are having problem with the widget clock on the home screen. Can you tell me who creates this or where did you get that app. If the phone is showing proper time, then it is running according to your setup but the widget clock might be syncing with server and updating the time from there only. Due to this you are getting different time. When I searched on Google I got this:

Daylight Saving Time (United States) began Sunday, March 11, 2012, 2:00am, and ends Sunday, November 4, 2012, 2:00am.

I hope that you know what it means.

I don’t think that it is really a problem if you reside in a country where follows the DST. It is really a user friendly and useful feature. But I have solved this problem. I actually put the clock on +02:00 time zone and manually reset the time to current. In this way I find the timing synchronized with the Web and with the same time! But If the synchronization between a server and a smartphone is one of the main modern features, I should not see a problem like that! I barely assume that it is just a bug.

You need to set the time zone to GMT +2:00 on the phone (by DST) and reset the time on your phone so if you go forward one hour. With these settings I have no problems like syncing calendar events (set to GMT +1:00 ROME, since it provides no alternatives). When they return to winter time, just return to GMT +1:00. Unfortunately there is no DST switch in your phone to solve it directly.

So far I have tried everything. There are two widgets on the same type (one with and the other events are shown with the weather), in the section LG widgets and both do not go back to the summer time. I wonder if more people experienced this problem.

The weather widget from LG was more beautiful and better location to match.

Time change will be held Due to will move from winter to summer, so you should be aware of these steps to not have problems with your Android device. Know that every time we change the time in our country, winter and summer schedule, your smartphone may be affected with a lag time of 60 minutes. To keep up with updating the new schedule on your Android, you must follow these steps: On your device you must enter Settings, then you must press where it says "Time" after this you should disable the option that says "Automatic", once you've done you should enter "Select Time Zone" and find the one that says (GMT-03: 00) and then turn the Automatic option, with this simple step can be updated summer schedule will take effect in our country.

With the phone itself, there are no problems when you change the DST setting. But if you then using programs such as MyPhoneExplorer read the organizers agree the times do not match. If the phone synchronizes with the PC, it is advisable to correct only the time.

The phone stores dates in UTC format ever. So from the global time. To convert the value back MyPhoneExplorer always reads from earlier time zone in which the phone is and whether summer time is set. Then is back-calculated accordingly. Now if you change the setting in the phone then the data of earlier date, but dates are not adjusted, that is, older dates are shown wrong - the new ones are correct.