Thread: Unable to connect Dell alienware m11x to wired network

Unable to connect Dell alienware m11x to wired network

Recently I bought a new Dell Alienware m11x laptop and it has been working fine till now as expected. The day when I bought this laptop I was out at some of the other place and therefore I never got a chance of experienced a wired network connection.

But now yesterday night when I came at my place and tried to connected my laptop to Ethernet connection I found that my laptop took at least 15 to 20 minutes to get connected to the Ethernet wired network which was quite shocking for me. I never thought that this laptop would take such a long time just to establish a connection. I am really confused whom should I suspect, is it the laptop or the Ethernet connection?

Re: Unable to connect Dell alienware m11x to wired network

Hey I too faced the same issue with my Alienware m11x laptop and strangely the issue was always only with the wired network and not with a wireless connection. But then later on after few days I came up with a work around, I would not say it as a work around but it probably helped me out a lot with the connection:
    • Turn on the Laptop
    • Connect to internet (Connection failed)
    • Restart the laptop
    • Connect to internet
    And the connection use to run smoothly without any issue until I disconnect it.

Try out the following suggestion it might surely help you out:
    1. Go to Start
    2. Control Panel
    3. Device manger
    4. Click on Network
    5. Right click on your wireless Adapter
    6. Properties
    7. Power Management
    8. Uncheck the checked box and then turn off this device

i guess there is something wrong with my internet connection. My case is not the same as yours as I have been facing this Ethernet connection error issue from past 6 months and the most noticeable thing is that this issue has already been noticed in my previous Aspireone Notebook.

Recently I bought a new Dell alienware m11x and the very next day when tried the connection, the laptop failed to establish it. Then I got sure that there is some fault with my ISP. The problem was that whenever I use to call up my ISP and ask them about this problem they use to suspect my notebook for the issue but now even after getting a brand new another model laptop I am facing the same issue.

There is certain place where I would suggest you to check whether your connection is properly enabled. Until and unless you make sure that your connection is properly established don’t blame your Ethernet connection or the service provider for this issue.
    • Press F2 and check into your BIOS settings; make sure that the connection is enabled
    • Second place is, Device Manager
    • Thirdly, you can press Fn or Fn and F2; or also some of the laptops have a switch on the side in order to turn off/on the wireless adapter

I would need your own help in order to sort this issue from your alienware m11x only if the above suggestion did not helped you out, in fact the information which I need will also be helpful in order to make sure whether the issue is with your laptop or with your internet connection.
    What you need to do is:
    • Press the “Windows key” and the “R” key both together and at the same time
    • Or Go to Start > Run
    • Type systeminfo.txt into the text
    • Except the Product ID, post the entire information over here

Yeah you are right the system information could probably help you out in knowing the exact problem. Or either an ipconfig/all log can also do provide you with some helpful information.

For the ipconfig/all log you need not have to go somewhere, just create it by yourself:
    • Copy the text and paste it on a new Notepad:
      ipconfig /all >c:\list.txt
      c:\list.txt
    • Once you page just save the file as ipconfigall.cmd and close it. Now again open it from the place where you saved it.
    • Automatically it will produce an ipconfig /all log, and this log can be copy pasted anywhere easily.

I have trouble with both wired and wireless network with my Dell alienware m11x both the Ethernet connection and wifi connection are not working well. Sometimes the wifi works properly and sometimes Ethernet works properly. Not even a single day has passed with showing me an issue with either of the connection.

But now fortunately somehow I managed to sort out the Ethernet connection by using the above suggestions. My wired connection is working well without any issue. But still the issue persists in the wifi I guess. Please help me out.

Look even I am not a technical person neither I have much knowledge about electronic and hardware, the only thing I do whenever I face any kind of issue is just follow the guide and links which probably contains some of the other related information in order to help me out of the issue. For your problem I can suggest you to just have a look at Wireless networking page.