Thread: Slow loading of web pages in LG Spectrum

Slow loading of web pages in LG Spectrum

I recently got this phone and before I address my problem I would like to say a few things first of all this is the first time I am using the android and I am a heavy web user. Initially the web browser did work properly and used to load web pages much faster and I was very happy with the performance of the phone. Now from the last few days I have been observing that the web pages take some time to get loaded. Sometimes the web pages does not load only. So I have to face such problems. On checking out the total data consumption I have consumed almost 12 GB of data through net. So I just want to know is this heavy consumption the main reason I am not able to load the web pages properly or is there something else? What do you all think about the same, I am waiting for the response from you all. So do reply accordingly over here.

Re: Slow loading of web pages in LG Spectrum

Yes that’s the reason why the web pages takes some time to load. The reason being many carriers have laid down the plans of slowing down the data after some data usage for many it is after 2 GB and for some it is after a certain limit. So that’s why it seems you might have exceeded the monthly usage mark, so now you won’t be getting the same speed as you were getting earlier. The speed must have downloaded but I don’t see that as a reason for pages not loading at all. Page should definitely load even in the slow speeds as well. I hope you did understand what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suri View Post
    I recently got this phone and before I address my problem I would like to say a few things first of all this is the first time I am using the android and I am a heavy web user. Initially the web browser did work properly and used to load web pages much faster and I was very happy with the performance of the phone. Now from the last few days I have been observing that the web pages take some time to get loaded. Sometimes the web pages does not load only. So I have to face such problems. On checking out the total data consumption I have consumed almost 12 GB of data through net. So I just want to know is this heavy consumption the main reason I am not able to load the web pages properly or is there something else? What do you all think about the same, I am waiting for the response from you all. So do reply accordingly over here.
    Clear out the cache and also the history from the browser. It would certainly help you for sure. So you can try out that option as well. by the way which browser are you using in your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Aiden View Post
    Clear out the cache and also the history from the browser. It would certainly help you for sure. So you can try out that option as well. by the way which browser are you using in your phone?
    Dude I am using the stock browser and I think that is the only default browser available in the phone, do you all know any other browser that is there in the phone and which will help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suri View Post
    Dude I am using the stock browser and I think that is the only default browser available in the phone, do you all know any other browser that is there in the phone and which will help me.
    Hey if you are using the stock browser then I would say stay out of it, that would be a better idea for you. I am using skyfire and I would advise you to give a try for the same. Even I was getting to see the same issue in my stock browser as well but after switching to the skyfire I did not see such problems. So this browser is quite good and you can check it out. In case if it not there then download it in your phone. I hope all your questions have been answered.

cool Re: Slow loading of web pages in LG Spectrum

If you ask me then I would recommend maxthon browser for you. It is the most fastest browsers that I have come across. I have checked different browsers like MIUI browser, skyfire and maxthon in the speedtest but maxthon wins the race with a great margin. I only use this browser for watching you tube videos and also when I am in 3G. I don’t get any kind of buffering at all with this browser. Dude it’s a great browser without any kind of ads and all.

Haven’t seen such a great browser since long. So instead of downloading skyfire. I would say better download maxthon. A better option for you.

Sorry to say but even I had this same issue in my LG spectrum as well. All I did was tried swapping the different sim cards and saw if networks had any role to play over here but it did not show any kind of differences at all. All I had to do was a hard reset. Though initially I was not planning to do a hard reset for my phone but I was forced to do it looking at how my phone was working out.

Thank you, Mr. Aiden. My LG Spectrum is less than a month old and was exhibiting this symptom of long delays loading Web pages. I did as you instructed, cleared my cache and history, and now the browser is running at top speed again.

Thank you very much.
    Tom