Thread: 'Repair my computer' not showing in F8 Menu of Dell Inspiron 1525

'Repair my computer' not showing in F8 Menu of Dell Inspiron 1525

I am having Dell Inspiron 1525 and it is running on windows Vista and I was not having any issues with the same but then recently I have noticed that when I am turn it on then it is resulting in blue screen so I was willing to do a system restore but then as my disk drive is broken I cannot use a disk for restoring and I have not received the restore disc as well with the laptop, I am having a external cd drive and when I am trying to use the same for restoring process then the 'Repair my computer' is not showing up in F8 Menu. is there anyone who has an idea about it.

Re: 'Repair my computer' not showing in F8 Menu of Dell Inspiron 1525

I am having Dell Inspiron 1525 and it is running on windows Vista and I was not having any issues with the same but then recently I have noticed that when I am turn it on then it is resulting in blue screen so I was willing to do a system restore but then as my disk drive is broken I cannot use a disk for restoring and I have not received the restore disc as well with the laptop, I am having a external cd drive and when I am trying to use the same for restoring process then the 'Repair my computer' is not showing up in F8 Menu. is there anyone who has an idea about it.
    In that case if you are able to read your COA with your 25 digit product key then you can just make use of retail Windows Vista .iso and then make a bootable stick using the same, you can just go through the below two article for further help:
    Microsoft Downloads
    A Clean Install of Windows
    If you are not able to read your COA then you will have to contact Microsoft Support Agent for product activation.

Hey thanks for your interest, I have just gone through the same but then I just wanted to know that will the solution work out for me if I am not willing to try out any physical task with the laptop so as to turn it on?? I mean that for now I am not able to login, I am not getting the log in screen as well, I am having CoA sticker and I am having Drivers DVD as well but then I won’t be able to use the same as the disk drive is not able to work, is there anything I can try out now???

I don’t think that there might be any hardware fault, I think that you should try out running the onboard diagnostics before proceeding, just power down the system and hold F12 and then run the diagnostics. The method that I will be telling you will let you install via the BIOs and you don’t have to access the Windows for the same, you just need to arrange other computer for downloading the drivers and .iso in preparation, just check it out and then let me know if you are getting the below screen:

I have checked out the same and I am getting the above screen, I have also downloaded the required .iso, I just wanted to know that what all driver I need from the dell site??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

You can get the below ones:
    • R218148.exe
    • R286709.exe Touchpad
    • R165116.exe Webcam
    • R259999.exe Dell System Software
    • R150152.exe, R147130.exe Conexant
    • R167854.exe Ethernet
    • R180762.exe Dell Quickset
    • R166187.exe Intel
    • R166188.exe Ricoh
    • R180254.exe Intel

Other than this make sure that you are getting Microsoft .iso to USB/DVD tool and check out the method of using it as well.

I have got all of the above drivers but then the “Microsoft .iso to USB/DVD tool” seems to have been updated and I am not able to follow the step as well, I have followed the instructions from the cnet site, can you just help me out with the step that is required.

Have you installed the below files for Windows Vista.
    X14-63452.exe
    boot.wim
    install.wim
    After that just follow the step that has been mentioned here for making .iso.