Thread: Dell inspiron 1564(windows 7 home premium 64-bit) running slow

Dell inspiron 1564(windows 7 home premium 64-bit) running slow

I am having a Dell inspiron 1564(windows 7 home premium 64-bit) and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with the same and the system has started running very slow, I am not able to play songs and movies as well and the system just take long time to open files and folders as well, I have tried installing the os again but then it helped for a day and so and after that the same issue started, I am really running out of ideas is there anything I can try out??

Re: Dell inspiron 1564(windows 7 home premium 64-bit) running slow

I am having a Dell inspiron 1564(windows 7 home premium 64-bit) and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with the same and the system has started running very slow, I am not able to play songs and movies as well and the system just take long time to open files and folders as well, I have tried installing the os again but then it helped for a day and so and after that the same issue started, I am really running out of ideas is there anything I can try out??
    Before I suggest you something about the same just answer me the below questions:
    • Do you use too many programs in the background?
    • How much is the ram in your case?
    • Have you tried uninstalling G-DATA internet security? If not then uninstall it and see if it is making any difference in the performance or not.

Just answer me the above questions so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

The laptop is having 4GB of ram and I don’t use too many programs in the background or too heavy program as well, I just use the below normal programs:
    1. G-Data internet security
    2. Google chrome
    3. Picasa 3.8
    4. Adobe reader
    5. Microsoft office

I was facing the same issue with DELL Insipiron 1564 notebook having the below specification in my case, I was able to solve out the issue by decreasing the partition in drive C and increasing in d, I did so as to give the processor more advantage to run the system faster, just try out doing the same and see if it is helping you as well or not.
    • Processor - Intel Core i3
    • RAM -3 gb
    • HDD - 320 gb
    • Operating System-Win7 Home Edition 64 bit

In my case my system specification is as followed:
    • Intel Core i5
    • 4 GB ram
    • 500 GB hard disk
    • Windows 7 home premium (genuine)
    • ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330

As far as the partition is concerned I am having 4 partition C:92GB, D-179GB, E-149GB, F-29GB respectively, I have tried decreasing the c partition but then it is not making any difference. Is there anything else that I can try out??

I just wanted to know that are you running any antivirus program other than G-DATA internet security??? If not the try out some other recommended ones like avg or McAffee and see if it is making any difference, other than this make sure that you are clearing the temp files as well, if you want then you can delete them manually or getting some small application like “clean” for clearing the temp files. Just check out these things and then post back the result that you get after that.