Thread: "Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is disconnected from network" error with dell inspiron 15r

"Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is disconnected from network" error with dell inspiron 15r

Hi friends I am using dell inspiron 15r laptop and I have widows 7 operating system in my laptop. I am able to use internet via WIFI in my laptop but am not able to use internet with wired connection. I keep getting "Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is disconnected from network" error. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: "Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is disconnected from network" error with dell inspiron 15r

You have mentioned that you are able to use internet with WIFI but not with wired connection and that is why I will suggest you to first disable the WIFI with F2 key and then you have to connect your Ethernet cable with your laptop and then see whether your problem get solved or not?

Re: "Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is disconnected from network" error with dell inspiron 15r

Yes if you have WIFI enabled in your laptop and at that time you try to use wired internet connection then this type of problem can take place. You have to first disable the wireless connection and then try to use wired connection with your laptop and then whether it makes any difference or not? Many times after disabling the wireless when we use wired connection at that time it shows yellow exclamation mark on system tray network icon at that time just right click on that and select trouble shoot network problem and then your problem will get fixed. I hope you will find this information helpful.

If after trying above solution also if you are getting same problem with your laptop then you should open device manager in your dell inspiron 15r laptop and then look for the network adapter option and expand it. Now right click on the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller and then you have to select update drivers and after updating the drivers you have to restart laptop. Many times updating the drivers can resolve this type of problems.

I have already tried to solve this problem by disabling the wireless and connecting Ethernet cable but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by updating the drivers for Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller bit after that also I am still getting same error. If anyone has any more solution regarding this then let me know.

Same problem was occurred with my Dell laptop also and then I have first thought that drivers are causing this problem and that is why I have reinstalled the drivers but problem does not get solved. Now after that I have updated the drivers but result was same. Now after that I have restored the system to original setup and then my problem get solved. I will suggest you to try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhadran View Post
    Same problem was occurred with my Dell laptop also and then I have first thought that drivers are causing this problem and that is why I have reinstalled the drivers but problem does not get solved. Now after that I have updated the drivers but result was same. Now after that I have restored the system to original setup and then my problem get solved. I will suggest you to try this solution and then your problem will get solved.
    I am also having same issue with my Dell inspiron laptop and I am also trying to restore factory defaults but I don’t know how to do that. Please tell me what should I do to restore my laptop?

All you need to do is first open Dell data safe local and do following steps.

• You will Backup and restore option on left side.
    • Click on restore option.
    • After that you have to select restore to factory defaults option.
    • Now you will get restart option.
    • After restarting the laptop it will go in to the restore utility.

May be after restring your laptop your problem will get solved.

If you don’t have Dell data safe installed on your laptop then you have to go to the official site of the Dell and then download Dell data safe from there or you can download data safe by clicking here DOWNLOAD. After downloading the Dell data safe install in your laptop.