Thread: iPad 3 is not getting charged properly

iPad 3 is not getting charged properly

I have recently bought iPad 3 and the problem that I have noticed is that it is not getting charged properly, last night I had plugged it to charging by 11 pm when it was having 10% battery life and in the morning around 6 am it was just 91%, I don’t know is there something wrong because of which it is taking such a long time to charge it or it works like that?? Is there anyone who has an idea about it??

Re: iPad 3 is not getting charged properly

I have recently bought iPad 3 and the problem that I have noticed is that it is not getting charged properly, last night I had plugged it to charging by 11 pm when it was having 10% battery life and in the morning around 6 am it was just 91%, I don’t know is there something wrong because of which it is taking such a long time to charge it or it works like that?? Is there anyone who has an idea about it??
    I think that there is something wrong in your case mine takes 4 and half hours to get 91% charged, i wanted to share that the charging time and the battery is related to the screen brightness, I have found that the new screen takes 4x more power so it is obvious that it will be eating up the battery, I just wanted to know that what was the brightness you had set too while putting it for the charging??? If you don’t think that there is not an issue with the brightness then I think you should better contact the tech support and address them the same, I think that it max to max it should take 3 hours to get charged completely.

I will like to share that the charging rate is quite slow when the ipad is in use, I think that one should keep screen off/locked and use wall charger for charging rather than USB, as usb is not recommended for charging. You can just go through the below article for more help.
    Charging Tips

I have been facing the same issue, it seems that it is taking almost 10 hrs for getting charged completely in my case, I have used iPad 2 previously and it was not taking so much time to get charged, I have checked about the same and I have found a no of people facing the same but then there has not been an information by any officials on this issue. I have tried using another extension cable but then I have not got any success. The other thing that I have found is that the battery consumption is fast as well, I mean that when I am setting another extension cable and carry some work then battery capacity drops by 2% every 10 minutes. I think that it very disappointing, first of all it taking almost 10 hours to get charged and then draining so fast as well.