Thread: IPad 3 is not charging via USB connected to my PC

IPad 3 is not charging via USB connected to my PC

So here is the deal I am trying to charge this iPad with the USB port on the computer but it is not charging at all . now it don’t have ant charging issue I know that from the fact that I have recently bought it and it is charging when plugged in with the wall charger. This is really frustrating because I don’t like to carry my wall charger every time when I am out so is there anyone here can help me on this may be there is some setting that I am not aware of . please guys help me on this I will be glad to know this

Re: IPad 3 is not charging via USB connected to my PC

I have the same problem with my USB charging. And last time I checked the apple site they say that the USB charging is possible with the high power USB port but there is no clarification to this matter can nay one here help us on this I will be really appreciate this . I am using the iMac pc

I would like to ask you that in case that you people are using the third party USB cable than this happen or it occur with the USB cable that is supplied with the Apple iPad 3

Having the same issue as well looks as if the USB hub or the port insist on the charger supply only. To the extent that I know there is a particular level of power that is needed to charge the iPad 3 batter and apparently that is not driven on the USB port

Yu are correct and if I am not wrong then the only way to charge the iPad 3 is with the included 10W USB Power Adapter. I Pad will charge but slowly when hooked up with the high-power USB port based computer like many that recently made . or you can chard with the iPhone adapter . when the iPad is connect with the normal port to the older pc it will still charge but it wouldn’t show it charging . so all you need to do is make sure that the computer is on while charging because in case of the computer is shut down or sleep or standby mode the battery of the iPad 3 will continue to drain

I have the similar problem here. nerve had to charge when syncing on my MacBook pro with my iPad 1 has no trouble with this. I charged it straight on the power socket by the plug however this is irritating if it will not charge on your USP powered Port. Can somebody please tell me if there is an matter or is anybody else have the similar issue . I'm from Sydney

I have the success eventually on this issue . Turns out the iPad 3 have to be asleep to gradually charge. while asleep, it charges at nearly 9-10% per hour. This certainly means the takes up on the battery while active is approximately equivalent to the charger input, so it doesn't charge. Kind of a disappointment actually, I'm used to using my old iPad as it charges on my iMac, at my desk.

So on the advice of some user I checked my USB ports in system profiler, I saw something strange. The USB ports appear to working in a weird order. One would anticipate, from left to right, look from back, USB hub 1, USB hub 1, USB hub 2, USB hub 2 .in its place, they run USB hub 1, USB hub 2, USB hub 2, USB hub 1. This seems that I had two high draw matter on USB hub 2 at the similar time, the iPad, and my Eye TV tuner. I've change stuff around, and currently have the tuner on hub 2, as well as the iPad on hub 1, and it appear to be charging fractionally faster, but just just. Time will tell.