Thread: Found ipad 3 light leakage

Found ipad 3 light leakage

I have recently bought the ipad 3 and when I turned it on then I found that there is light leakage on the top of it. This was about one inch long and I found it very irritating. I was searching for the same on google and found that there are some of the other people who have also complaint regarding the same. I am very disappointed with this. Anyways, I am taking this back to my local store and I wish that they can help me with this. Can somebody here have some suggestion for this?

Re: Found ipad 3 light leakage

I am also having the iPad 3 16gb wifi and it is also having the same problem as you have mentioned. I can clearly see the light on the top behind of the black border. I can find any reason for this and if it is really normal.

If you are experiencing this problem, your best bet is probably to wait a few days and see if these leaks are fading really. Apple recently released a memo providing an update on the issue. The glue of the screen would cause the "problem". Until then there is no surprise. But the good news would be that light leakage would dissipate over time. On average it takes three weeks. I am also waiting for the same and see if this is really getting solved automatically. If this is solves then this is really going to be a good for all the using who are facing this problem.

There are many of the other users who are facing the problems like this. Many would have thought this problem would not happen at the launch of the iPad 3 but this happened in just the opposite way. Apple need to do something for this problem soon otherwise it might affect the total sell of the product.

This is not with all the units of this phones. I am also having the same phone and that is not having any light leakage. so it will be better for you if you can directly contact to the dealer and ask then that what is the problem with this. They can handle it better.