Thread: Good chat applications and software for Nokia X2 01

Good chat applications and software for Nokia X2 01

I am having Nokia x2 01 and I can say that this is really a nice phone to use from the brand like Nokia. This phone is already having its inbuilt chatting software but I am really looking to install some third party software which can provide me more features. If you have some suggestion for me then please post that here.

Re: Good chat applications and software for Nokia X2 01

The best way to get the application is to open the OVI store and create an account over there. You will get a lot of applications there. It is placed in the category, just select the category and download the app in your phone. Many of them are free but some of them are paid. You will also get a short description about the app that you select to download and you will have a short idea that if the app is useful to you or not. I think that this is the best way to get app for you nokia device. I do installation of that in the same way.

Nimbuzz is the best one that I can recommend to you. You will get this from the OVI store also. Nimbuzz offer a multi-media, across different platforms, to avoid that small border and provide a fast communication, easy and free. Here are the reasons to install and use Nimbuzz on Nokia phones:
    • Voice Communication IP: IP Voice communication is free of charge via the Internet. We only need an Internet connection from your cellphone Nokia, and you can install and use Nimbuzz for Symbian , connect with your contacts and make calls 100% free.
    • Multiple channels: With Nimbuzz for Symbian can communicate by voice with contacts from different media, such as MSN Messenger, Google Talk, Yahoo! and we can chat with contacts from other networks such as Facebook, Hi5, etc..
    • Use Twitter: We can also connect with our account of Twitter , Twitts send, receive mentions, searching, etc.. It's another way to be online and communicate with supporters and running!
    • Push Notifications: We were the first to include push notifications in Nokia phones . This way you will not miss any details, because you can receive messages and other notices.
    • Battery Consumption: Nimbuzz has been specially designed to have an extremely low battery consumption, so you can save up to 70% of battery in the Nokia depending on how you use the application.
    • 3G data consumption: is the same with 3G data, since Nimbuzz has been developed to have a minimal data consumption, and power and capacity to enjoy the 3G connection for other purposes, such as searching the internet, use GPS maps , etc.

I am also agree that the Nimbuzz is the best way for chatting. Apart from the OVI, you can also download this from the m.nimbuzz.com. Visit this from the mobile web browser.

If for some reason, you do not want to make use of the Nimbuzz then other alternate option for you is the eBuddy mobile messenger. eBuddy is an instant messaging client specifically tailored to mobile platforms. With this free software, and once created your account with eBuddy you can chat quietly with friends online on MSN , Yahoo! Messenger, Facebook and Google Talk . here are some pros and cons of using this:
    Pros
    • Tabbed chat interface
    • Support for all major instant messengers
    • Photo sharing

Cons
    • Not support Skype or VoIP

I will never recommend anything other than Nimbuzz. I would like to tell you that Nimbuzz 3.2 for Symbian Nokia phones now available. There are some changes made with this version. The sending of the message notifications show a check mark when sent the message reaches the contact phone.

Snaptu application has been a header for mobile users Java. Now you can enjoy the style and potential installing Facebook for any phone. Snaptu is now a Facebook for any phone and this will simplify access to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and other popular sites. Here are the main positive points of this:
    • Simple and attractive interface
    • Compatible with most popular services
    • Many customization options
    • Easy access to Facebook, Gmail, Twitter and Flickr

If you just want to have chat with the contacts on the gmail account then the better option for you is to make use of the Gtalk. This is the best for chatting with gmail contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    If you just want to have chat with the contacts on the gmail account then the better option for you is to make use of the Gtalk. This is the best for chatting with gmail contacts.
    Sorry but I don’t find any reason to install the Gtalk in the phone. As with the nimbuzz we are getting gmail along with other social networking sites. If somebody don’t want to use any other sire then he can only link the gmail account and chat with the contacts on gmail only, if they are online.

If you search for such software then you might get a big list but here are some of the best softwares which are being used by most of the people nowadays:
    1. Fring
    2. Nimbuzz
    3. Ebuddy
    4. Mig33
    5. Skype lite
    6. RockeTalk

buNnY Guest

I think that its better to start a poll for this. If we make a poll then I am sure that Nimbuzz is going to win the race. 8 out of 10 people, I have seen using Nimbuzz and I am also one of them. So my vote among them goes for Nimbuzz.