Thread: How do I browse and access the SD card on Windows PC

How do I browse and access the SD card on Windows PC

as I am not finding any solutions on net , I am not able to find any way out form the question. So as I was finding some difficulty with accessing and as well browse the SD card on Windows . so can you suggest some means for the same.

Re: How do I browse and access the SD card on Windows PC

That’s a good choice you are supposing and I will definitely help in your case. so according to the topic, I will just give a short description in your case. An SD (Secure Digital) card is a accepted nonvolatile memory card format. And Nonvolatile denotes that the memory will be able to retain stored information even when it is powered. For this reason and a small form factor, the SD card is a just right choice for increasing storage capacity in a extensive array of electronic devices, which includes your Android mobile device.

I will also like to add some more information which will be best suited for you. An SD card offers the Android user a immense contract of flexibility since they are able to access along with manipulate it directly from their notebook or else desktop PC. By making use of an SD card on a computer generally need an SD card reader, but, the Android device will tend to provide as the interface among the computer along with the SD card. In this context, mounting is the procedure of making an connection an Android device to a processor and exposing the SD card to it.

I am knowing the steps which should be taken to know you the exact procedure to Mount an Android SD Card

1. you need to connect the Android device to the computer by means of USB. A ‘USB connected’ message along with an USB icon will tend to appear which is present on the top-left of the screen on the Android device.
    2. secondly you need to click on the notification icon, and after that you need to click on the ‘USB connected’ bar. The latest ‘USB connected’ window reads: ‘…Select “Mount” if you wish for copying any files among your system and your phone’s SD card’. You need to click the ‘Mount’ button.

The above mentioned steps were really helpful I think , but to add to this topic, I will add another topic which will let you how to Browse an Android SD Card

STEP 1: you need to make an connection with the Android device to the PC, along with mount the SD card which I think is previously posted.

STEP 2: after this , the SD card will at present appear in Windows as ‘Removable Disk’. The definite drive letter will differ based on system configuration. In a basic system with one hard drive along with some one CD/DVD drive, the SD card will be I suppose located in drive E. you need to find it in Windows Explorer, along with you also need to double-click it.

After you have done with all the mounting, I need to specify that you require also a process to Add/Delete Files to/from an Android SD Card and to do this , you might now drop/paste files so that you are able to add them to the SD card just as you would any Windows drive. And if you want to delete, highlight a file, and then press ‘Delete’ on the keyboard.

Hello friends, after reading your post , I am just cleared with all the doubts but , I am however not able to Unmount an Android SD Card. And can you suggest some means to do that . as I was able to follow the steps and it did solve for me, can you suggest some more means in this case. thanks.

After mounting some guys have the question to Unmount an Android SD Card and I need to specify some steps
    • You need to locate the drive in Windows Explorer. And then you need to right-click the drive, and after that click ‘Eject’.
    • On the Android device, you need to access the notifications bar, and then click ‘Turn off USB storage’. An alert will warn to ‘. You need to make sure that you have uncounted on the USB host…’, but you by now did the procedure in Click ‘Turn Off’ so that you are able to complete the procedure.

In order to discuss some more, I would say that the Android phones come with a micro SD or else SD card slot to expand the memory or else just to permit you to put your own music, photos, as well as videos on the phone. SD cards are good because you are able to make it available on your phone or you are able to pop it out and work with it on your PC.

Thanks for the replies as I have also found that some Android devices come with an auto-mount characteristic. There are as well a number of auto-mount apps accessible. If you don’t wish to go through the above processes you can always attempt that.