Thread: Steam client available for Android?

Steam client available for Android?

Is there any official steam client for Android and also for Linux? I have seen that Steam is landing to many platforms. Whenever I want to chat with my buddies I have to boot up my computer. It could be better if there is one for Android so I don’t need to boot up every time.

Re: Steam client available for Android?

Valve denies that it is working on a Linux version of Steam steam. The Steam client is only available for Windows and Mac OS X. Rumors about a Linux version of the client appeared on when Valve released a beta version of the client for Mac OS X. The Code would find clues that there is also a version for Linux would not exist. The discovery caused great excitement among Linux users because it would mean that the supply of games on the open source operating system would be considerably expanded.

There is no official steam client for android here, besides you do not even need to log in to view your information because no change is possible and only public data is displayed. When you enter your Steam ID on website, you can view a list of your most played games, see if your friends are online, and check your groups and a list of your games. This is information available to all via profile pages, so nothing very innovative aside from the fact that the interface is well designed, very smooth and pleasant to use. Another thing, you also have access to current offers with links to the Steam store.

Still, I think Steam for Linux platform can provide a huge boost. There are plenty of people who most want to change (or try IIG), but Windows-only software secure. The players would then have a choice and perhaps by the increasing popularity of other software makers to convince the utility for a Linux port.

Steam is a genuine online store where you can find lots of products distributed exclusively by digital services at exceptional prices and missed. This technology is only used on Windows PCs and Macs, there is still a market for mobile app for Android, even if Valve does not deny that in the future could also land on Google's operating system.

A Steam platform designed for mobile platforms is definitely not out of the question, as Valve has recently leg expanding the digital distribution system outside of its PC roots. There is latest client called "Steam for Android", produced by IBS Programs and free on-line store on Google. Through the application will be possible to get all Steam content easily with our tablet / smartphone, simply stating our public Steam ID.

Without warning, Valve just dropped the official iOS and Android applications for the Steam client. These applications are currently available in beta versions of beautiful, she will let you keep in touch with your friends added via the platform, but also to browse the virtual shelves of the store (PC and Mac).

For any self-respecting gamer, Steam is one of those unavoidable references to which sooner or later have to resort to have on hand the best games and keep abreast of developments, as well as participate in the huge community of users. But there is no mobile versions offer users of smartphones and tablets the possibility of using it on their devices, so we received with enthusiasm the arrival of Steam for Android. This is an unofficial app that has a tabbed interface, attractive and well hints of Ice Cream Sandwich and allows us to access our profile Steam group for updates and see the benefits and promotions available to all games in its catalog and see a list of all the games we've purchased on Steam and the time we've played each of them.