Thread: No microsd slot in HTC One X

No microsd slot in HTC One X

Well I got to hear about this phone not having the micro sd slot and it is very surprising to see that some people supporting this idea by saying that we don’t need so much of memory in the Smartphone. Also the internal memory is quite sufficient but what I personally feel that this is going to affect them in the long run. That’s for sure. Let me put before one such situation. In case I the phone dies off in the middle of some process then how would you be able to pull off some important data or file from it? Well all the important files and the data cannot be recovered from the phone because the phone does not have a microsd card. So hopefully some people would realize the importance of having the micro sd card slot in the phone.

Re: No microsd slot in HTC One X

Well the phone comes with a 25GB dropbox. So I think it must be having a auto sync feature whatever data you want can be reclaimed back with the help of cloud feature. That’s what I know.

ThumbsUp Re: No microsd slot in HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by PiYu View Post
    Well I got to hear about this phone not having the micro sd slot and it is very surprising to see that some people supporting this idea by saying that we don’t need so much of memory in the Smartphone. Also the internal memory is quite sufficient but what I personally feel that this is going to affect them in the long run. That’s for sure. Let me put before one such situation. In case I the phone dies off in the middle of some process then how would you be able to pull off some important data or file from it? Well all the important files and the data cannot be recovered from the phone because the phone does not have a microsd card. So hopefully some people would realize the importance of having the micro sd card slot in the phone.
    Yes you don’t need to worry much of not having the microsd slot in the phone. It’s not a reason to worry at all. Good phones like nokia N8 don’t have external memory card or micro sd card slot still the phone has a good demand and I am sure many phones in the future would be coming with the greater internal memory and the absence of micro sd card slot. Slower snap shots are one of the reasons credited for not having the micros sd card slots. Slow sd cards does affect the camera's instant snap and video. That’s the reason why it is being removed from this HTC One x. Good idea!

I hope some developers in some corner of this world would be experimenting something to bring back the sd card slot in the phone. I am sure some guys from XDA would also be thinking about it. so it wouldn’t be too long when we get to hear that HTC one x has the micro sd card support.

I am happy that HTC has made a brave decision by keeping the sealable battery and also not having the sd card slot. Having sd card in the phone does affect the performance of the phone hence it is always better to not to have the sd card in the phone. One of my friend has a Galaxy S2 but he always operates his phone without the sd card slot because he knows that no matter how much the phone is quick and zappy but the sd card does affects the phone’s performance and also the battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by Harin$Akshi View Post
    I hope some developers in some corner of this world would be experimenting something to bring back the sd card slot in the phone. I am sure some guys from XDA would also be thinking about it. so it wouldn’t be too long when we get to hear that HTC one x has the micro sd card support.
    Well talking about the people who are willing to do some changes in the phone’s existing structure by adding a micro sd card slot. I am quite sure that even if a slot comes into the existence for this phone I don’t think it will be of any good at all. The phone’s performance will definitely hamper.

In one of the development sections that I have seen of this phone I got to know that One X has an internal virtual sd partition. So don’t think so it would create any problem at all in terms of performance and I don’t find any difficulty in creating a new sd card slot for the phone. That’s what I am saying.