Thread: HTC’s dev unlock for HTC One X

HTC’s dev unlock for HTC One X

I was just reading some articles in the official site of HTC saying that they are willing to provide S-off and also the root rights for the phone well they are not saying about the guarantee of the phone which we can conclude that they are not willing to restore the guarantee after that, so I am asking if you all are ready to accept their terms and conditions for the same, that’s what my question is for you all. What do you all have to say about the same that’s what I am asking? Are you going with the present method or are you planning to take some help from the other unofficial hacker to unlock the device and also guarantee you the warranty is restored? What do you all have to say about this, let’s have a discussion going on for this topic. I would be happy to hear it from you all.

Re: HTC’s dev unlock for HTC One X

Well we might end up losing the software warranty that’s for sure. However whatever problem results with the hardware it’s their responsibility to take care of that. As they have clearly mentioned in the website that ‘It is our responsibility to caution you that not all claims resulting or caused by or from the unlocking of the bootloader may be covered under warranty.’ So I would be rather happy going ahead with such plans.

The process which is done during the unlocking of the bootloader will be covered under warranty. As you know the unlocking stuff I done by the end user. So he might be willing to do some experimentation's whenever he wants. If he tries to do overclocking and in the mean time he manages to burn his motherboard or the cpu that will not be coming under the warranty at all. The reason for the phone getting damaged would be withheld when going for the maintenance and then only some work would be done for it. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here. that’s it from my side for you all. Hope that was enough for you all.

Down Re: HTC’s dev unlock for HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by Axe-IT View Post
    I was just reading some articles in the official site of HTC saying that they are willing to provide S-off and also the root rights for the phone well they are not saying about the guarantee of the phone which we can conclude that they are not willing to restore the guarantee after that, so I am asking if you all are ready to accept their terms and conditions for the same, that’s what my question is for you all. What do you all have to say about the same that’s what I am asking? Are you going with the present method or are you planning to take some help from the other unofficial hacker to unlock the device and also guarantee you the warranty is restored? What do you all have to say about this, let’s have a discussion going on for this topic. I would be happy to hear it from you all.
    I wont be waiting for the unlocker tool to come up from HTC and then go for it. No I won’t be planning for any of those simply because I don’t wait for so long. I have given a pre order for this phone and hopefully it should be coming by this weekend when the phone releases out. So as soon as it comes up I would be searching for some unofficial tools for the unlocking stuff. I don’t want to wait for the HTC to come up with their stuffs. No much changes are there we won’t be getting any software warrantee for any unlocking stuff that we perform. That’s what the problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaun-Dom View Post
    I wont be waiting for the unlocker tool to come up from HTC and then go for it. No I won’t be planning for any of those simply because I don’t wait for so long. I have given a pre order for this phone and hopefully it should be coming by this weekend when the phone releases out. So as soon as it comes up I would be searching for some unofficial tools for the unlocking stuff. I don’t want to wait for the HTC to come up with their stuffs. No much changes are there we won’t be getting any software warrantee for any unlocking stuff that we perform. That’s what the problem is.
    Can you tell me what would be the benefit of doing the unlocking from the unofficial tools? That’s what I am wondering, so can you tell me something on that. It would be better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChamPa View Post
    Can you tell me what would be the benefit of doing the unlocking from the unofficial tools? That’s what I am wondering, so can you tell me something on that. It would be better for me.
    See if you unlock the phone with the help of the unofficial tool then and in case if there is some problem with your phone then you can send your phone to the service center and get it repaired. Guys out thre wont get to know if you have used the unofficial tool or not but with the htc dev tool its not the same case. If you are unlocking the phone with the HTC dev tool and if you face some problems while doing the work then let me tell you that you won’t be getting any assistance from the htc. Simply because they have clearly mentioned out there they won’t be doing any kind of maintenance for the unlocked phones, if you have unlocked from their tools then it is easy for them to identify it and hence your phone will be a total waste. That’s the reason why I am going with the unofficial tool chances are less that they can get to know if you have went ahead and unlocked the phone. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here. this is it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaun-Dom View Post
    See if you unlock the phone with the help of the unofficial tool then and in case if there is some problem with your phone then you can send your phone to the service center and get it repaired. Guys out thre wont get to know if you have used the unofficial tool or not but with the htc dev tool its not the same case. If you are unlocking the phone with the HTC dev tool and if you face some problems while doing the work then let me tell you that you won’t be getting any assistance from the htc. Simply because they have clearly mentioned out there they won’t be doing any kind of maintenance for the unlocked phones, if you have unlocked from their tools then it is easy for them to identify it and hence your phone will be a total waste. That’s the reason why I am going with the unofficial tool chances are less that they can get to know if you have went ahead and unlocked the phone. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here. this is it from my side for you all.
    No if you want then you can bring it back to the stock of you want with the help of htcdev. So don’t say that your phone would be a total waste.

Well I have got a link over here for the FAQ’s of the HTCdev. So do have a look at the same and probably I think all your questions would be answered. I hope this link proves to be useful for everyone.