Thread: Need help to enable tethering after rooting Samsung Galaxy Note I717

Need help to enable tethering after rooting Samsung Galaxy Note I717

I am using the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 smartphone which is running on Android 4. After watching serveral videos on youtube I was finally able to root this phone. I have also installed superuser on it without any issues. I am also using Titanium backup and have also paused the "TetheringProvision" in this phone. But if I turn on the Portable Hotspot or Usb tethering then the screen goes black and nothing happens. Does anyone know a proper way how to enable tethering on Galaxy Note I717 after rooting? Thanks

Re: Need help to enable tethering after rooting Samsung Galaxy Note I717

All you have to do is remove "TetheringManager.apk" with your favorite root uninstaller and I also used Titanium backup as well and then restarted the device. You should first of all definitely do a backup because it could effect something in the future in your mobile phone that you are unaware about. Till now it is working fine in my phone.

Re: Need help to enable tethering after rooting Samsung Galaxy Note I717

If you can use ClockworkTether then it will also be a great because it doesnt even require root. It also doesnt show up in the market on the Note 2 phone. By using clockwork tether the network gets undetectable and this app was created for one of this purpose only. You can easily get Clockwork Tether.apk by searching it on google.

Even I have used the same procedure to enable wifi tethering on my Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone. I first freezed and then uninstalled the tethering manager from the device and then used a wireless tether app to test the wireless hotspot. Incase you are not able to find an app on the MKT then you need to disable the data in your pgone and then look in the MKT while on wifi and more apps will show up.