Thread: Want help to stream webcam with Citrix or Terminal Services

Want help to stream webcam with Citrix or Terminal Services

Has anybody been capable to acquire a Logitech camera to work beneath Citrix/Terminal Services utilizing video chat through Live Messenger or Office Communicator. The accurate application is utilizing a Logitech Quickcam commencing from side to side Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and Microsoft Office Communicator or Live Messenger. I am endeavoring to acquire video chat to work. The majority websites out there talk regarding needing TWAIN hold up, and to do so that tranquil merely performs still images inside the Citrix session.

Re: Want help to stream webcam with Citrix or Terminal Services

The Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition through the SP2 and Terminal Services on Citrix appearance Server 4.5. I am utilizing the Windows XP and Vista clients connecting commencing from side to side the ICA client 10.1.x. The camera is installed on the Windows XP/Vista Client. The server is just presently doing a USB redirect into Terminal Services to permit the camera to be accessed.

Anybody desire to take a stab at this and compare notes. I have encompassed and calls working even though a number of drop out additional than not the webcam yet. I determine to make some additional tests next week and if I had discover a solution for this. Additional than it does not give the impression of being too good. Perhaps Citrix be able to say something regarding this. Skype is such a common application.

I have contacted Skype regarding working with their program running on window 2008 r2. It’s not scheduled as an OS on the systems necessities and Skype themselves say they not be able to guarantee it determine to run appropriately on this platform. Most of them have encompassed and tested OCS and WebCams works well, additional than skype is a dissimilar product and it comes into view its not premeditated for a terminal services platform.

I imagine that some of the users have acquired it working through the version 3 of the software in the Skype discussions other than through Windows 2008 R2 RC1. My grip is that to facilitate the Citrix HDX Webcam additional than says it is does not understand the format. Do they be familiar with what kind of video stream it be capable to handle. Perhaps they be able to acquire the clever and convert or change the stream type to something Skype understands.