Thread: How to get Argosy HV335T remote codes in telnet console?

How to get Argosy HV335T remote codes in telnet console?

Hello friends, hope at least some one amongst you could be able to help me out in some of the other way. I have a doubt going around in my mind, the issue is quite technical so it would better if any technically expert user have a look over here and help me out. Actually from last few weeks I am trying to test the script in order to just get the remote codes in Telnet console.

For your kind information, I somehow did it but I feel that I am not satisfied with the output I am getting. Whenever I try to press the button in the remote, I can’t see the code in Telnet console. i did borrowed the script from some other post so I am not sure with it.

Re: How to get Argosy HV335T remote codes in telnet console?

I would like to give you an advice, a simple advice. Just try to press the remote button and keep on holding it for few seconds and now release it, did you see the code in Telnet console? Please let me know what changes you find.

Make sure that you do not press the button and release it soon, sometime even the remote needs some time to get accessed.

I am able to run the script or you can say view the code in Telnet console. I found the resources from some other forums, in one of the thread a modified firmware was supposed to be used for the successful result. I am having a mod firmware that actually has new images from the user override and also that has the telnet enabled.

Make sure that you try out enabling bittorrent and network sharing only after you load the firmware, didn’t work out in my case but I am sure in your case it will open up telnet but if not then there is surely a bug. Even I wanted to test something, if possible I would love to move in to the main menu of the media player from console and then enter in the submenus only by running the commands and that would be running as an remote control for me.

I am able to run the script or you can say view the code in Telnet console. I found the resources from some other forums, in one of the thread a modified firmware was supposed to be used for the successful result.
    That sounds quite interesting. Why is it not happening with me? Even I wanted to somehow enable Telnet console so that I could be able to tell other people about the addition codes of the keys for Toshiba as we know that argosy remote is based off it.

I just mean to say that you wouldn’t be able to use the numbers 0 to 9 as we all know that argosy remotes do not have these buttons but then if you have a Toshiba DVD remote or Harmony remote they would be more useful.

I was unable to get Telnet console working not even with msc, tried out all other firmware and tested but nothing worked. Anyways I was suggested to confirm whether I have enabled bittorrent properly.

But that sounds bit strange for me, I noticed it number of time when I was trouble shooting believing that bittorrent might not create any problem, but anyways never tried it out.

I can only make out that the port is blocked until and unless you turn on bittorrent due to which you probably do not get any response from the machine. But that’s a minor guess, the port always remains locked if bittorent is off.

For your knowledge let me tell you that I am already working on IR codes and therefore I have the full list and a possible way to continue over here but quite confused:
    • Download mod Firmware
    • Load it
    • From telnet try sending the remote commands
    • If this works, modify the rcs file in order to set the change permanently also the argosy remote should work properly

I think in the above case you won’t be able to work as you can’t pass on the ID of the argosy remote control instead you can only send the button commands. You can try out the other option mentioned below:
    • Download Firmware
    • Disassemble the DVDplayer application
    • Edit the binary file with the hexadecimal codes of the remote
    • Now edit in that file

Things should work now, although the table of the buttons is bit complicated and hard but somehow it will work.