Thread: How to enable NFC in AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

How to enable NFC in AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

I want to enable nfc in my note can you all tell me how would I be able to do that, please guys need some advise from you all on this. I hope you would definitely help me out of this. so can you all come up with some methods that would help me. I am waiting for the replies from you all. Hope you will revert me back soon.

Re: How to enable NFC in AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

I don’t know if this will work for you or not. But I have tried in my galaxy note and it has worked for me. So I would advise you all as well to give a try for the same that’s what I can say. First of all the phone must be rooted completely rooted to gain access to the /system. I got a file named android.hardware.nfc.xml and copied it to the galaxy note. If you are thinking which location then let me tell you that you have to save that file in the /system/etc/permissions folder. So that’s what you need to do.

I hope this is clear for you all and in case if it does not work for some people and start giving complications then I should not be held responsible for that.

Hi I just want to know from where have you got the xml file. If you can get that file then it would be of great help for me please help me in finding the xml file, can you help me get that?

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    I don’t know if this will work for you or not. But I have tried in my galaxy note and it has worked for me. So I would advise you all as well to give a try for the same that’s what I can say. First of all the phone must be rooted completely rooted to gain access to the /system. I got a file named android.hardware.nfc.xml and copied it to the galaxy note. If you are thinking which location then let me tell you that you have to save that file in the /system/etc/permissions folder. So that’s what you need to do.

I hope this is clear for you all and in case if it does not work for some people and start giving complications then I should not be held responsible for that.
    Have you checked whether NFC is working or not? if it is working properly then do tell me about it. check it out with the NFC units and see how it is working. If it is working good then only I will recommend this suggestion to others.

Here is the code

Code:
    <!-- This is the standard feature indicating that the device can communicate
         using Near-Field Communications (NFC). -->
    <permissions>
        <feature name="android.hardware.nfc" />
    </permissions>
    Copy and paste it in the word file and then save it as android.hardware.nfc.xml fil. Then copy and paste the file in the /system/etc/permissions folder. Try if this works or not.

Answering the second question. Well I haven’t given a try for the NFC I checked it out with some nfc tags and it responded very well for me hence I have forwarded you the solution. Otherwise I don’t blindly tell the people to try this solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post

Well I gave a try for this method but unfortunately for me it did not work and hence I am very eager to know how have you done that. I saved the xml file, used file explorer to put in permissions and saved in the location that you specified. Now while opening up the nfc tag apps I get an error telling me "no nfc adapter found". So why am I getting that error also can you tell me which app are you using? I want to know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by !Haritbaran! View Post
    Well I gave a try for this method but unfortunately for me it did not work and hence I am very eager to know how have you done that. I saved the xml file, used file explorer to put in permissions and saved in the location that you specified. Now while opening up the nfc tag apps I get an error telling me "no nfc adapter found". So why am I getting that error also can you tell me which app are you using? I want to know about that.
    Well check out for the LIB files in my case I got all the lib files from Saurom. It is also advisable to replace Nfc.apk file in /system/app and Tags.apk file from the Saurom. So do check out for the library files first and if you get them right then, check out the file permissions if it is obstructing you from accessing the nfc. So do check out for these 2 factors first and hopefully everything else will also go right, that’s what my feeling is.

question Re: How to enable NFC in AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

Did you check out for the Google wallet if it is working or not? Please do inform me if google wallet is working or not if NFC is enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by silvery View Post
    Did you check out for the Google wallet if it is working or not? Please do inform me if google wallet is working or not if NFC is enabled?
    No Google wallet does not work. When tried to access it, it tells me about not having the supported device. I have tried to work on it but unfortunately it is not working. So cant do much about it.