Thread: Can we disable the Capacitive buttons in Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

Can we disable the Capacitive buttons in Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

I am just asking with the availability of ICS ROMs would it be possible to disable the Capacitive buttons in this phone? that’s what I want to know? Well I feel that capacitive buttons are really useless in this phone and I don’t find it useful at all. We should only have the on screen buttons activated in this phone instead of the capacitive buttons that’s what I want. I ust want to know what are you all thoughts on this.

Any thoughts that you all have then please do feel free to share over here. I would be happy to hear it from you all.

Re: Can we disable the Capacitive buttons in Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

Well the developers had made that option available in the Nexus S ICS ROMs. So I don’t think so getting the same implemented in the Note Rom would not be a difficult task for the developers that’s what I think.

Yes that would make the use of stylus pen even more useful. I love using the stylus pen in my note and with the disability of capacitive buttons in the phone I would be more than happy to use the stylus only for the phone. forget about using the fingers for this phone. I would be rather happy to use the stylus only for all the functions, anyways I am desperately waiting for such kind of ROM to be developed as soon as possible. Well if any of you al get some information about the rom being developed then do not forget to inform me about the same.

I don’t know how to disable the capacitive buttons in the note buit definitely note has a feature to enable the on screen buttons, well disabling the capacitive buttons would require a different type of skill set. But you can definitely enable the on screen buttons for sure. So hope you did understand what I am trying to say here.

Surely a ROM would be developed for it. Right now I haven’t come across such development. Right now I am using button savior app which is a very useful app if you don’t have a hardware or a key that is not working in your phone. So you can use this app. Easily available in the google play. You can check out I have given you the link out there. If you are eager to use the on screen buttons of the phone then you should be definitely trying out this application. It will be of great help for you, however I don’t have any idea about how to disable the hardware buttons in this phone might be google would be useful in this. that’s all I can say here.

I checked out xda developers and was not even able to find any help out there as well to disable the capacitive buttons. So I thought of telling this to you all. If you are going out there to search something.

I just don’t understand as if what problem do you all have with the capacitive buttons they are really cool and I must say that they should be there, why are you thinking of disabling it? I wont be participating in any such development at all.