Thread: How to activate AWS HSPA+ on Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

How to activate AWS HSPA+ on Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

I am wondering if anybody has tried with this method or not? That’s what I am saying here. well I am sick and tired with the EDGE connectivity the speed that I am getting with it is quite low. So just want to browse with some good speeds in my brand new phone. so willing to do some experiments here and there for my phone. I have rooted my phone that’s all I have done. I want to enable HSPA+ on my phone so do tell me how can I do that. Your suggestions would be of great help for me that’s a request from my side for you.

Re: How to activate AWS HSPA+ on Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

Quote Originally Posted by BSOD.K View Post
    I am wondering if anybody has tried with this method or not? That’s what I am saying here. well I am sick and tired with the EDGE connectivity the speed that I am getting with it is quite low. So just want to browse with some good speeds in my brand new phone. so willing to do some experiments here and there for my phone. I have rooted my phone that’s all I have done. I want to enable HSPA+ on my phone so do tell me how can I do that. Your suggestions would be of great help for me that’s a request from my side for you.
    Hey I am willing to help you with this one but you will have to be careful that you don’t end up hurting your phone. by doing this procedure you will be losing your warranty and in case if something goes wrong in the middle of the process then you might brick your phone as well. So be careful of that. One more thing your phone should be Sim unlocked, otherwise we cant proceed ahead with the method.

Once you have ensured all these things you can now proceed ahead with the methods. So that’s what you should be doing.

- First of all you should be doing a Nandroid Backup with CW Recovery

- Now below are the given modems. Now its upon you to see with which you want to flash it

1) Telus KJ3

2) T-mobile SGH-T989 KID

3) T-mobile SGH-T989 VKL1

- Once you flashed it reboot the phone.
    - Now go to the settings, in that wireless and network.
    - Now inside that mobile networks and in that network mode.
    - Select HSPA only.

Check your mobile phone in an area which has a good reception. Force your galaxy note to get into the 3G/4G mode by dialing the following number*#2263# and selecting the appropriate radio band. So that’s what you need to do. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here.

Re: How to activate AWS HSPA+ on Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

I have a question in my mind well what I want to ask is that will it make any kind of difference if I happened to select the different modems. Yes you have listed me 3 of them over here but which one do you think would be preferable to use? That’s what I am asking be a little frank in the answer that you are suggesting me.

star Re: How to activate AWS HSPA+ on Samsung Galaxy Note I717?

Personally speaking I had got best results with the T-mobile SGH-T989 KID. So if you want then you can try out that modem and give a try and see how does it work out for you. Well its not necessary that the other 2 modems will be giving disappointing performance. No its not like that at all. You can try out T-mobile SGH-T989 KID if you want since it worked a lot better for me. I am happy with it that’s why I am recommending you this one.

That’s it from my side for you.