Thread: Flash videos are not playing in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Flash videos are not playing in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 two days ago with android 3.1 OS running onto it and Flash Player 10.3 pre-installed in it. I actually didn’t get time to test its features at the time I bought the phone, so therefore I inspected the phone last night and unexpected I encountered an issue in the phone. When I visited the flash website I was quite shocked to see that I was told to install Flash Player. Whenever I go online to watch any video through the phone, I get a message saying that I need to install a flash player. Is there anyone having the same issue with their Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Re: Flash videos are not playing in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

The problem is with your phone, actually not exactly with the phone but with the setting of the phone. The only solution for this issue I have is:
    1. Go to Browser Settings
    2. Advanced
    3. Over there you could find a option called Enable Plugin
    4. Set it either “Always” or “On Demand”

Even I bought Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet two days ago same with android 3.1 installed in it. And guess what, I am also having the same issue with my tablet.

But in my case I was prompted with installing Flash Player version 11 in order to view any flash contents and then later on after I installed version 11 I noticed that almost all the flash enabled internet websites were are unable to use or find the flash player. Every time I open a Flash content, the tablet suddenly prepares to get connected to the Adobe Service center but it is also unable to establish the connection and ultimately the screen remains blank for a long time. Uninstalling and reinstalling is easily possible, in fact tried it but that doesn’t make any difference. What exactly could be the possible solution for this problem?

First of all make sure that the Flash player is properly installed in your tablet no matter what version you have installed. And the later on check out the following things also:

• Check out whether the Flash Player is installed from HERE
    • If you are able to see the version information then its confirmed that the Flash Player is successfully and completely installed, and check out for other possible error that could be the core reason for the issue.
    • And if you see a message “Get Flash Player” icon in place of the version information, they you have to get the flash player installed either from the adobe site I guess.
    • Also confirm that the browser plug-ins and JavaScript are enabled on the tablet or your device

Also confirm that the browser plug-ins and JavaScript are enabled on the tablet or your device
    To check out for the plugin Javascript status you need to follow the below steps:
    1. Open the Browser
    2. Click the Menu
    3. Make sure that “Enable Javascript” checked
    4. Choose Settings > Enable Plug-Ins
    5. Also make sure that it's set to Always On

Instead of getting a flash player installed you could also try out the above steps in order to get the flash player version displayed on the link mentioned above only if the Flash player is installed in your device.

You need to visit the Flash Player version detector Page again and check, if still the page fails to identify the flash player of your device then ultimately get the news confirmed that the pre-installed Flash player is surely not installed correctly. Uninstall the application from the tablet and then reinstall it from web:
    1. Go to Settings
    2. Applications
    3. Manage Applications
    4. Adobe Flash Player
    5. Click Uninstall or Uninstall Updates and follow the prompts

Make sure that after you install the new fresh Flash Player app from the market you again try out the above steps in order to confirm that the JavaScript and the Plugins are working properly and enabled. And do not forget to visit the adobe version checking page and get it confirmed whether this time the player is able to get detected by them or not. you might probably get the Adobe Flash Player 11 version for your device from the Android market, better you install this version and do not go for any other one.

The reinstallation procedure is easier than uninstalling, once you are done with removing the application you just have to restart your phone. Rebooting the device is very much important as it makes your device make sure that the things which are keeping the Flash Player binary Locked up are no longer existing or running.

Once everything is cleared and the phone is rebooted properly visit the android market and get the Flash Player installed from there. You need not have to go to setting or do something with the phone functions. Once you download the app you need to just follow up the installation prompts rest everything is done.