Thread: Cannot edit the song album art on iPhone 4 from iTunes 10.5

Cannot edit the song album art on iPhone 4 from iTunes 10.5

Once I connected my iPhone 4 to iTunes on my computer system in order to change the song album art work present in my iphone. Now the issue is that whenever I edit the album art, it says that it is synching on iTunes and also it shows the synching logo on iphone. Believing that the editing would have been implemented successfully when I checked my phone everything remained the same. Nothing was changed; the album information was as it is.

In fact the few of the songs were also unable to play after the synchronization of song info. Anyone who can help me out? I am having iTunes version 10.5.

Re: Cannot edit the song album art on iPhone 4 from iTunes 10.5

I am running iOS 5 on my iPhone 4 and also having iTunes 10.5 installed on my system, having these best products I am also facing the exact same issue. Once I edit the info of the album, I mean album name or anything related to the album it actually edits perfectly and also shows that it is synching to the phone but then when disconnect the phone and when I check the song, nothing is changed.

They were same as the original one. As suggested by someone I tried restoring everything but that didn’t work anyhow. Right now I am sure that there is something like bug in either the software or iphone which is preventing the album art work from getting edited.

I personally believe that the issue is nowhere related to the album art. For some R&D purpose I just tried to create the issue in my ipod by adding some few mp3 to the custom playlist by just dragging the song to the playlist from the folder. They simply get played on my ipod with any issue.

I have noticed that the issue always occurs whenever I try to change the mp3
    from the music to podcast manually. I must say that you people just face the issue only while changing the album art and also unable to play those edited songs but in my case I am not even able to add the song to the iPod. Anyone you have ever tried to upgrade iTunes to its latest version.

The problem has to completely go around with the iOS, I am sure that it’s the OS issue and nothing has to be related to the iTunes. The reason I am being so sure shot about this issue is just because recently I have upgraded the iOS version and let me tell you that I have never noticed this bug before using iOS 5. I am sure all the people who are facing this issue might be having iOS 5 installed in their device.

Hey I have not faced this issue ever but somehow when I learned about it however I tried to find a fix for the same. What you can do is erase all the songs from the iPhone. After that you can correct all the songs info, for e.g. name, artist and album name from the iTunes Library. Once you do this you have to now erase every art work picture of the desired songs which you have corrected in the iTunes Library.

After erasing them just right click on the songs you corrected then select the “Get Album Art work”, after selection you can notice that the iTunes will be somehow again adding the corrected Art Work to all the songs which you have corrected.

Now everything is ready you can now drag all the songs from the iTunes library to you iphone or ipod that you have corrected. Once everything is done just make sure that the entire songs that you have corrected on your iTunes library has the correct desired information.

I am fed of this issue, trust me I always have to drag and drop the songs to the playlist in my ipod in order to just avoid the issue. But due to this I never have to have all of them in iTunes. But then when I re-lable all of them into a common album the artwork changes the attributes to prod cast and then remember the position. You would not believe, I have been doing the same thing from past 1 year but now I can suddenly find a bug in it. I am not sure what exactly the bug is about but somehow it is related to the artwork and not just this the iTunes can also not properly edit or update the song info whenever I try to edit it on the iphone or ipod through itunes 10.5.

In short you can say that the device never able to update the information. I guess the apple support are not even aware about this issue, but then the question arises how come they are not aware if each day there are about 100s of apple customers who are facing this issue, in fact they report their complaints to the apple support or through online but then too they do never come up with a positive response. I am one amongst those customers. I have been using an apple product from last 3 years never had a issue something like this but then don’t know how suddenly everything changed and nothing works now. can’t even change the art, and when try to change it the existing art disappears and also I can’t label the large mp3 as a prod cast.

Not yet found any apple official person to respond on this issue. At least they should come up with an appropriate update or fix for this problem if don’t want to talk about it.

Can’t even change the art, and when try to change it the existing art disappears and also I can’t label the large mp3 as a prod cast.
    I have come up with a solution for this issue but I must say that the solution I got is not the complete one; I mean that it’s just a partial solution. It somehow solves the mp3’s set as product casts not being played issue. For that you just have to change the preferences by getting into the “skip when shuffling” option and changing it to NO. Now once you change the option to know the mp3’s would work perfectly as a prod cast.

Anyways still I have not come up with an appropriate solution for the artwork issue, but I strongly believe that even it is the similar issue as the prod cast.