Thread: Does LogMeIn ignition application works with Windows phone 7?

Does LogMeIn ignition application works with Windows phone 7?

I am a regular user of windows phone 7 since last year but on the other hand I also admire Logmein a lot. But now the biggest problem is that someone told me, the logmein application doesn’t work with windows phone 7. I am not sure with this thing but realy wanted to confirm it somehow as soon as possible because due to this reason I am unable to a window phone which I have planned to buy from last 1 month. So please clear my doubts soon.

Re: Does LogMeIn ignition application works with Windows phone 7?

At least you came to know about this thing before you bought this phone but I was not that lucky enough to get to know about the fact that logmein app doesn’t work with windows phone 7.

I was really so desperate to buy Samsung Focus wp7 phone that I didn’t even ask anyone about its compatibility or support with the logmein app and now I am suffering the most. I would have researched a lot about everything before going for a windows phone7. Anyhow I was suppose to buy a windows phone 7 only no matter what would have been the case but even then now it really hurts to accept the fact that ignition doesn’t work with WP7.

Anyways ultimately I just wanted to tell you that this app doesn’t work with wp7 at all, so better drop the idea of buying wp7 if logmein is the only requirement for you currently.

I am not sure how many of the windows phone 7 user have tried it and also how many of its users knows about it, but just wanted to tell all the WP7 users that Logmein does work with it, yeah it does work from within Internet Explorer on my Windows Phone 7 phone. I know its quite shocking as even I never thought that I would ever work, but then too just on trial and error basis I tried it out and surprisingly it worked. Please all my windows phone 7 users try it out and let me know the result.

I have tried logmein.com and its quite shocking to see that it works but ultimately its not that impressive as the logmein application for iPhone. However I would still love to see a native client for the windows phone 7 before I go on for a swapping. Anyhow atleast it worked, that’s fine for me.

Hey I do have a doubt please help me out, look I recently bout a Samsung Focus and tried connecting to Logmein. Now the issue is that I have noticed that the browser based way in order to connect to the logmein does not works fine for me, in fact doesn’t works for me. once after I log in I can certainly see a list of the system registered with the logmein but all of them are useless because once I click on any one of them in order to establish a remote access conection the only thing I can see is an error message pointing towards the top bar of the browser. It actually suggest me to wait for the ActiveX prompt but then even if I wait for an hour it won’t show me the ActiveX prompt. Why is it so? How can I get the ActiveX prompt?

It actually suggest me to wait for the ActiveX prompt but then even if I wait for an hour it wont show me the ActiveX prompt. Why is it so? How can I get the ActiveX prompt?
    That’s not a big issue. Search it carefully as I say, in the middle page you would find a direct link to the ActiveX prompt that is being pointed towards the top of the bar. Just tab it and hence your session will be started. Wasn’t that very much simple? Try and let me know the result.

Yeah that’s quite nice and simple. But anyhow I personally have issue with the reaction speed between the phone and the PC even if I am on wifi, anyways that’s a small issue so I need not have to worry.

But the core reason I am here is to suggest all the windows phone 7 user to better look out for the other remote access application that are meant specially for the window phone 7 instead of peeping into some other app that is never meant for our phone. You know even windows phone 7 has the remote access application called as Remote Desktop. You can do all the similar thing that you probably do using the Logmein app. It actually gives you the full access of you computer mouse and keyboard which however gives you the whole rights to perform any action on the pc without even being in front of it.

I did found the remote access software or app for windows phone 7 called as Remote Desktop app, it was however mentioned as the best app on the market place for windows phone 7 with respect to the Remote access. But I was not at all impressed with it, neither with its functionalities nor with its offerings.

In fact I must say that Logmein works better than it in windows phone 7 using internet explorer. The only thing I need to do with logmein is to go to logmein.com manually and then rest all works fine and well. I am very much satisfied with it with compared to Remote Desktop. Better stay with what works the best and don’t listen to other. Maybe in your phone Remote Desktop will work well.