Thread: Is it possible to use iPhone 4G with AT&T overseas (South Korea)?

Is it possible to use iPhone 4G with AT&T overseas (South Korea)?

so I am AT&T iPhone 3G customer and I am planning to upgrade to the iPhone 4G but the problem is that I am planning to move out to the South Korea soon so I want to know that is it possible to get out of the ETF by showing transfer documentation about leaving country. Now I know that I able to use the iPhone in Korea as the phone is not lock to any of their phone networks and if it works do I have to jail break my device to use all the features. I will be really be glad if anyone here can help me on this

thanks

Re: Is it possible to use iPhone 4G with AT&T overseas (South Korea)?

Well I guess that you will have to pay the subsidized price for an iPhone. So the best bet for you is to buy the cheapest contract for the phone so that when you are leaving to the Korea you will get the maximum benefits .

Well the best way is to not to buy the phone on here and wait till you leave to the Korea and one you get there you can buy the unlocked version of the iPhone 4 there , that will be the easiest way for you

Thanks for the reply and I really appreciate this but the fact is first that I think the phone is build for the Korean people which will be hard to me t o get use to it and the second thing is that there the price of the phone will be very expensive in Korea then the cheap subsidized in the States, that is why I was looking to get the phone here its self before here , so please guys I really need to know this

That is depend If you are relocate for ever to a country that don’t have the AT&T service there then , you are eligible get your ETF waived off and all you have to do is sending the 1st month phone bill from that country. There are some of my friend have done the same thing form the other country that they have gone in and did that similar thing without any issues , although that was a long ago so I suggest that you should call the service center and get know about this feature is still available