Thread: Will iPad 4G Work on AT&T and not on LTE in Home Countries

Will iPad 4G Work on AT&T and not on LTE in Home Countries

so yesterday I was reading an article on the iPad phone that said that the International 4G iPad Models Will Work on AT&T, Not on LTE in Home Countries, so what is all buzz about this new iPad , rumor is that it will now be work with international 4G. So is there any one here can tell me anything on this I will be really appreciate Will it going to Work on AT&T and not on LTE in Home Countries

thanks in advance

Re: Will iPad 4G Work on AT&T and not on LTE in Home Countries

Yeah I have also seen that information most of the countries will not support the network LTE, because they still are in the process of development. In discussing the issue of LTE in the Apple explained that access to these networks will be provided to subscribers of the five operators (AT & T and Verizon in the U.S. and Bell, Rogers and Telus in Canada), and as for the international market, countries that are interested in this should to have stable coverage LTE-networks.

iPad Wi-Fi + 4G for Europe is working with the same 700 and 2100 MHz, which does not meet the 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz frequencies LTE-European operators. This means that even when the LTE network will become more common in Europe, much of which still uses advanced technology options for 3G, for example, DC-HSDPA, a new iPad will not be compatible with them.

The issue is that the international availability of LTE comes from the truth that the version of AT&T 4G iPad released in the United States supports LTE in 700 MHz and 2100 MHz frequency bands. Apple is hand out the similar model to its international markets, however execution of LTE in most of these countries are using 800 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2600 MHz that are not compatible with the device.

It is because of this that I have bought the Verizon version of the iPad 4G as it support the more bands at least. This is really ridiculous that the iPad 4G is not supporting the 2011 LET as well , look as if the this is simple for the customer if its has one model . will really like to use the at&t network is its faster where I live but … I guess that I can go for the 3G if I needed

Apple has confirmed that the iPad with the module will not work 4G LTE networks in Europe, but they will work in the networks of AT & T, regardless of where the device was purchased. All users who buy the iPad outside the U.S. will be able to connect to networks of AT & T, if you acquire the proper SIM card and a tariff on arrival in the United States. With regard to European networks LTE, then the problem is that most of them work in a range of 800 MHz or 2.6 GHz, while the AT & T operates at frequencies of 700 MHz and 2.1 GHz. It is these frequencies in the specification and claims to the iPad 3. there will be the frequency range 2500-2530 MHz, 2620-2650 MHz +, which also corresponds to the new iPad.

it turned out, the new iPad is a hardware limitation. Thus, the 4G LTE module works only with U.S. and Canadian networks of LTE. The reason - the frequency range. The specifications of the new iPad indicated 4G LTE (700 and 2100 MHz). At the same time in Europe for the 4G LTE network provides other frequencies - 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz. In particular, the company's LTE network .Of course, Apple knows about this problem (referring to the incompatibility of frequencies, rather than the discomfort dealers). And on unverified information, it is already in talks with several mobile operators in order to solve the problem.

it turned out, the new iPad is a hardware limitation. Thus, the 4G LTE module works only with U.S. and Canadian networks of LTE. The reason - the frequency range. The specifications of the new iPad indicated 4G LTE (700 and 2100 MHz). At the same time in Europe for the 4G LTE network provides other frequencies - 800, 1800 and 2600 MHz. In particular, the company's LTE network

This means that those international users who are looking to work in the LTE-networks are likely to be disappointed. Another interesting fact if you look at the specifications we can see that the network chip is installed in the iPad is clocked at 700MHz and 2100MHz. you simply can not use 4G all you can use is only 3G

While it is not yet possible to say that the iPad 4G will not work with 4G internationally, the outlook is not encouraging, since the 700 and 2100 MHz bands have not been licensed in other country to the mobile operators. The band of 700 MHz are currently assigned to the coded digital television distribution (which has approximately 30,000 users).CDMA (3G), why lose a "slot" and can only use LTE in the band 700 MHz, ie loses the 2100 MHz band