Thread: Symbian vs. Windows phone 7

Symbian vs. Windows phone 7

Hi guys, I have been using nokia since 2 years. I never had gotten any type of the issue related to the product. One more thing I just wanted to tell you that hardware of Nokia phone always well. The menus in the nokia phone are very good then one day I decided to move on the windows phone 7.5. One more thing I just wanted to tell you that before that I was using the symbian Belle system. I am getting so many problems. Here these are some comparison between these two operating system
    1. First of all I cannot sync my data from Nokia Symbian to Nokia Windows Phone 7.5.
    2. Cannot send files via Bluetooth to WP7.
    3. Zune Is useless, Why not Nokia Suite support!?
    4. Belle OS Interface way much better than WP7.
    5. No profile in WP7, I used to make a timed silence profile every day.
    6. More free apps & games in Ovi store than Market place.
    7. Nokia Maps in WP7 is not half good as in Nokia Symbian Belle.
    8. Battery life not good comparing to others Nokia phones.
    9. Nokia Drive Can only is used in online mode!! Why cannot be in offline mode?
    10. GPS always point I am at wrong location but somehow near.
    11. No Mass Storage via USB.
    I just wanted to know that anyone moved from Nokia Symbian over Nokia WP7 Phones after moving what they are feeling? Just let me know.

Re: Symbian vs. Windows phone 7

Here guys I just wanted to tell you that I have been changed the lot of operating system in my mobile. First when I purchased the mobile the mobile Nokia97 at that time I was on the Symbian and after few months I went to the Maemo and after that I moved to the android and then finally moved to windows phone 7.5 but after that I quite for windows phone and here I just wanted to say that there is it’s a new operating system so there may be chances of that problem may come in your phone.

Here I just wanted to discuss about the Zune. Here I wanted to say that Zune media is the Microsoft product. It is same for all of manufacture such as I can say LG, HTC and Nokia. They are this product I agree that sometimes problem may come in that here I would suggest you that backup and restore the data.

Here I just wanted to tell about interface. Its Interfaces are so good in android here I just wanted to say that with all of its with flashy widgets and wallpaper are so nice and they are easy to use. Here that’s reason you are saying that Belle Interface are much better than windows phone 7.

Now coming to the feature there was an issue in the android related to feature but at that time there was an application for the unwanted feature. There may be chances of that Microsoft going to down the same route or there may be chances of that it will launch the new feature in the upcoming date. Here I will recommend you that if you have feature related problem Microsoft have site where you can give the feedback for the feature.

Related to the application here I am sure that there may be chances of that there would be a lot of application for the windows phone. You are talking about that you are getting the issue related to the maps here I just wanted to tell you that I never got such type of issue Nokia on windows phone. I got only one problem the problem was No offline navigation.

Whenever I purchased the Nokia lumia I never faced the online connection problem and syncing email, social media, apps and tiles syncing along with battery problem. Before that I was using Jesus phone never faced this type of problem in that. Here now days I am fine with the Lumia.

When we are talking about related to the GPS I had never have this type of problem. In my phone it always so right location with accurate. There may be chances of that problem in your handset. Here I would suggest that check out or repair your headset. I hope this will help you. I am completely satisfied with you mass storage problem sometimes it happens.

I am completely agreed with few points. I just wanted to use Nokia, not windows phone 7 and I think that this is big problem. Here one more think I just wanted to tell you that people still think that Lumia as a Nokia device even so much problem exist in that due to the windows phone 7.

Here I just wanted to tell on points related to the Nokia drive offline and online. Actually Nokia drive doesn’t work offline here I just wanted to say that there is some trick behind this. Actually t open up and then push home (leaving Nokia drive back ground). Here just go to phone setting and turn off your data connection. Then you will see that drive will resume and it will continue to work with the no data connection. Here I just wanted to say that is Nokia is aware of all facts. One more thing I wanted to say is there new version would come with full offline mode along with several other features like speed limit warnings and more.

I think that windows phone is made in simple way. It is more than simple now. I have already seen that so many functions are missing in my phone. One day I decided to set the alarm and when I set the alarm on switch mode. In the morning session what I found is my alarm didn’t work. From my side can say that there will so many wanted to switch from WP OS to another OS.