Thread: Unable to download and install some programs from Ovi Store in Nokia N9.

Unable to download and install some programs from Ovi Store in Nokia N9.

hi guys, I recently purchased the nokia n9 phone and I liked the interface which it supported and there were no issues at all but, I am having some difficulty while downloading as well as installing several programs from Ovi Store. I am receiving with the Message " Couldn't Start Operation" " Refreshing Cache-Please Wait" which appears in the Screen as well as download along with installing is not able to be done. Can you assist me as I am not finding any answers in this case.

re: Unable to download and install some programs from Ovi Store in Nokia N9.

The first solution which you should try is with the below mentioned one. You need to go in the Settings and then in the Security and then in the Developer mode . you need to move white dot to right and accept prompt
    • In addition you also need to Launch Terminal as new icon ( ~ $) will at present have appeared as well as you need to type the following on every line followed by tapping enter:-
    • devel-su
    • rootme
    • rm /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list this command is used to delete the problematic repository - note space after rm
    • and then you need to Reboot the device
    • and then Open X-Terminal and write,
    • devel-su
    • rootme
    • apt-get update

you will be with yours desired solution after this. Hope you will be with a solved solution.

I have tried with some possible solutions which will tend to work in your case.
    I did not remove filemanager.list file, in its place I have renamed it. In addition , it is completed with following command and you need to apply this command.
    mv /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/filemanager.list.bak
    and by this means I am able to return file back in the future....
    This solution is functional and solves both problems

You need to check in this . you need to check in the Check Update in Setting / Manage Application and you will be with possible results. And after it has an update available or it would say your phone is upto date you will be with no issues.

I am having some similar kind of issues which have two problems occurred on my N9 just few days earlier and are still persisting. I am not knowing some means to solve it, I cannot make an install of any app from ovi anymore also and I have last firmware version which was installed (PR1.2), along with made an up gradation by means of OTA method. the whole thing was reasonable after the update, as well installation of applications from Ovi was potential. Can you sort it for me.

Re: Unable to download and install some programs from Ovi Store in Nokia N9.

you need to check in this . you need to check in the Check Update in Setting / Manage Application and you will be with possible results. And after it has an update available or it would say your phone is upto date you will be with no issues.
    Thanks for those replies as it was sorted out . your solution did worked in my case. I made some check in the Update in Setting / Manage Application and I made some changes and there were positive outcomes.