Thread: Home WiFi issue on Motorola Droid RAZR

Arrow Home WiFi issue on Motorola Droid RAZR

So, I took a look at many threads recently in search of a problem like mine that has been fixed, as well as the other two WiFi issues on the RAZR I have seen on this forum and none seem to be a fix for my issue.

To start, the issue is basically that my RAZR can connect to my WiFi at home, but will not be able to access anything. My password using WEP is correct, and I have also tried to use the WPS push to connect button on my router, both resulting in a stable full bar connection. During this time, all devices in my household can connect without problem, and my router is in the same room as I have tried to use my RAZR. Strangely enough, my phone connects to any other WiFi fine, and my friend's ASUS transformer can get on my WiFi, while his RAZR cannot. (His RAZR works fine on all other networks as well as mine.)

I strongly feel like the issue here is my router, but I don't know what the problem could be, seeing as only RAZRs have had issues connecting. I have no proxy and I have tried turning off all of my devices while connecting my RAZR.

And most importantly, my Router is a NETGEAR WNR2000.
    The closest thread I have found in my search was this one on the NETGEAR forums;WNR2000 v Droid RAZR; however I have not found any helpful advice or info from that thread.

I'll answer any further questions you guys have if you have any advice to offer! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Sooraj; 12-03-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: removed the link

Re: Home WiFi issue on Motorola Droid RAZR

Just wanted to know if your proxy is off in the phone, it should be in the wifi setup section, just check out and make sure that the phone is not using proxy setting and see if it is making any difference or not.

Yes, all proxy and manual configurations are disabled.

Is the static ip disabled??? in the wifi settings??

Yes, all extra configurations are disabled.

Well, if you have skype installed then log off from it and then try to reboot the phone. Also while connecting to wifi network, turn off the bluetooth as many people were able to solve similar problem by turning of their bluetooth on the phone. One of my friends Razr works well at 5 GHz. When he tried to switch to 2.4 GHz frequency he had constant drop.