Thread: How to fix the plastic wrap around ear piece on Voyager 520

How to fix the plastic wrap around ear piece on Voyager 520

Never had any issue with my voyager 520 Bluetooth device from last 1 year. But now recently yesterday I found that the plastic wrap around ear piece on this headset has came out without my knowledge. I somehow tried to fix it up but it’s not getting at the right place for a longer time. When contacted the support center the Plantronics instead of repairing or fixing the ear piece they are offering me to replace the device with a new one for $39.99.

I don’t want to really replace the Bluetooth as the device is completely working fine and doing well. Please provide me with some solution to get the things fixed.

Re: How to fix the plastic wrap around ear piece on Voyager 520

When contacted the support center the Plantronics instead of repairing or fixing the ear piece they are offering me to replace the device with a new one for $39.99.
    I guess this is nothing but a kind of strategy to sell out their newer devices. You won’t believe even I found the same issue existing in my two voyager devices. Let me tell you that I own two of the same model device.

Its actually when I bought the first one I found that the ear piece was removed completely and due to that I was forced to replaced the entire device by support center, and bought another newly proper working device. Guess what? This replaced one also ultimately showed the same issue. And now when I contacted the support center they said that I will have to again replace another one but they won’t repair this small defect. Both the devices in total not even worked for maximum 6 months and the ear piece came off. Now I am looking out for some solution to attach it by myself but won’t consult the care center.

I guess It’s actually the design of the ear piece of Voyager 520 which is causing such breakage. But I am not at all interested in getting into the details and fixing up the things. I think the part which is causing the issue is the same one that is made for Cordless Office Set. Anyways forgetting about other what exactly right now I am doing is using Plantronics SAVI WH100 Comfort Fit (81425-01) $7.50 which includes 2.

Anyways if you still love your voyager 520 and wanted to somehow fix the issue without replacing the whole device then I think Super Glue would be the best option for you.

Anyways right now I have thrown that defected voyager 520 and now using Plantronics SAVI WH100 Comfort Fit (81425-01) $7.50 which includes 2.
    The device which you have mentioned is a quite impressive one. I have already purchased and tried the piece. I seriously fits perfectly and also the device works smoothly. The best thing is that the price which have mentioned above is for two of them and not for one i.e. $7, also let me tell you that this price covers everything including shipping and all. It initially came to 10 dollar which was very much cheaper once considering the cost of replacing the whole unit. It is the right part, but the ear piece came up with the pins attached already inserted in the ear loop.

Yeah even I received the earloop that actually came up with the attaching pins already present and inserted in the earloop. You know what I did was ordered the earloop from two different vendors and after doing so I received incorrect earloop of exact same copy. At the time of ordering the photos which were showed online were the correct one which I was actually supposes to purchase. Later I noticed that neither the vendor nor Plantronics was able to answer and give me the correct information. Is there anyone who can let me know from where exactly I can get the correct perfect earloop?

I had a voyager 520, I loved the device but as usual as everyone complained later on after few months I noticed that the ear piece started to come off. Tried glue which use to work most of the time and also did the replacement multiple number of time until the device was under warranty. But when I realized that the device now went out of warranty and also the ear piece completely came off, I straight forward went on to buy a ear loops.

I went to HeadsetHome.com (part number PLN-8142501), and now I found that there is something which is not correct. I remember that there use to be click-in plastic piece at the bottom of the new loops. I usually think that I can however take off the similar piece which is attached to the damaged loop on my device. But its not actually clicking off the way I want and the way I feel comfortable. Also the thing is that the new piece do not have that little click that purely setup the loop up for the right ear or the left ear, I have noticed it because I am a left ear user.

I would really like to tell something to PLANTRONICS, in fact I want to give my feedback to them with respect to the Bluetooth devices which I am using.
    First of all let me tell that their device has a nice Bluetooth earbud in the voyager 520 but I would really oppose the material they use for the ear loop, they are really worst one. I would really request the manufacturer to either manufacture the ear loops of best quality or at least provide the customers with good quality service once if they face any issue regarding the ear loop, so that the people facing the issue who can’t afford another new one in return of this defected one can get a chance to get their ear piece repaired or replaced.

I would like to give you all people some sort of advice with respect to the headsets. When you will try to replace the pin of the ear hook just make sure that the ear hook off the cam, also click the click whenever you try to move the headset to the other ear, this would probably allow the pins to go on smoothly and also the replacement works great. I already purchased the ear hook, I think it contained two units, the pins were in the ear hook but were able to easily remove. Therefore I used the flat dental floss instead of twine.

One of my friends told me that the headset actually didn’t come up with a replaceable ear loop, I wasn’t actually designed with one piece. Also the parts which are mentioned by Plantronics is actually not designed for this voyager 520 headset.