Thread: Xperia ray resets date and time when battery removed

Xperia ray resets date and time when battery removed

It seems to me that my Xperia Ray does not remember the date and time when the battery is removed even for 2 seconds. The date and time gets reset and I don’t think that is normal. Some other settings also get changed when the better is taken out. Can anyone tell me the cause of this?

Re: Xperia ray resets date and time when battery removed

What you need to do is, you need to check whether the real time clock is working or not. In order to check the real time dial *#*#7378423#*#* using your phone’s dial pad and scroll down to the real time clock. There you can check the time. Make sure that it is working, If not you might need to look for the update.

As far as I know that the Xperia Ray should be capable to hold or remember time and date up to one minute when the battery is not inserted. Make sure that your phone is running the most up-to-date firmware. Otherwise you should run a software repair for your Xperia by the use of PC Companion and see whether it is working or not. I hope that you know how to use the PC companion for upgrade and repair purposes. Any did you try enabling the “auto update of date and time” option in the clock settings. Go to the clock settings in your phone and see for similar kind of options. It should be there.

Does anyone know what real-time clock (RTC) is? It is a system clock or a computer clock which often seems in the form of integrated circuit which helps to keep track of the current time. You can see this kind of clock in most devices which has IC for example PCs, servers, embedded systems etc. Sometimes it can also be seen in almost any electronic device in order to keep track of accurate time.

As the clock is updated often, I do not know. But these differences have also disturbed me. So I installed an NTP client. Look at the Market "ClockSync". Thus, the app automatically syncs but you need to root.