Thread: Is it possible to Connecting external drive in micro-USB port of Xperia ray

Is it possible to Connecting external drive in micro-USB port of Xperia ray

this is really a pretty nice phone with lots of features and it is vast but I like to know something here . is it possible to connect the external drive through the adequate wire- to connecting the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray and then manage the content in that drive with the regular 'file manager' Android app. That is really a useful stuff to do the things like the unloading your reflex camera memory while you're travelling. Is there someone know anything about this I would be really appreciating .

Re: Is it possible to Connecting external drive in micro-USB port of Xperia ray

Hey even I am also looking for the answer for the same question , looked everywhere but not able to find the answer to this please guys can anyone here can help up in this is it possible to use the USB port of the RAY to connect the external driver ….

Well I have to disappoint you on this as this at the moment is not possible , you easily connect USB accessories like the mouse and the keyboard although there is no way that you can connect the external USB devices on the phone however that will possible if you will root the device and the probably a custom ROM to make it work. Because rooting or install a custom ROM in the phone but that will void the phone warranty

You are right this facility is not yet made available on the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray yet but I will really like to see if in future some upgrade allows us to do that to be precise should be added in the ICS update

This is really bummer but it there any option like Bluetooth device that allows connecting to the USB flash drive. Can anyone here confirm will Sony introduce any app that can connect USB flash drives without the rooting or custom ROM because I think this will be very important features in this device