Thread: Does the ICS interface for Xperia ray will same as Xperia S

Does the ICS interface for Xperia ray will same as Xperia S

so it is close and soon we will be getting the Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray and I am very eager to know this will the ICS interface for Xperia ray will same as Xperia S. if I am not wrong the Sony Xperia S has the different interface in the 2011 Xperia line like the new widget , icon and all . so I was just thinking if the 2011 and the 2012 line of Xperia will getting the same interface in ICS updated or the 2012 Xperia line will be getting the good stuff . is there anyone here can help me on this I will really appreciating this

thanks

Re: Does the ICS interface for Xperia ray will same as Xperia S

The manufacturer determines that the 2011-year's Xperia series will receive Android 4.0 and that they are in the process of adapting Ice Cream Sandwich to its own interface. More information about this update will be published in due course. The manufacturer also specifies the exact models that will be upgraded to eliminate any ambiguity:

• Xperia arc
    • Xperia arc S
    • Play Xperia
    • Xperia neo
    • Neo Xperia V
    • Xperia miniature
    • Xperia mini pro
    • Xperia pro
    • Xperia active
    • Xperia ray
    • Live with Walkman

Frankly, if you ask me I have don’t have any idea on this matter at the moment I can say is all we can do is wait and watch and personally it will be very much a like if not exact same . Different products have a tendency to have tiny differences.

the new camera UI improvements for the upcoming Android-powered Xperia smartphone. The Xperia Already speed a beast of a camera, coming in at 8.1 megapixels to be exact. Here's some of what's been Improved, though:

1. Improvements in light sensitivity
    2. Quicker access to settings
    3. More control over flash

All the changes being made to the Xperia camera UI goodwill make the camera even better to use in low light situational, mobile phone.

Unfortunately (in my opinion), Sony Ericsson has chosen to put on there Timescape Shell on this update. I do not think it's as sleek and modern as Google's own interface. But if you like, you know you have something to look forward to.

Well I am looking forward to ICS update on my phone and I will be happy if they include the QuickPanel on the statusbar on the final version. Is there anyone here can tell me is it likely to be happen

What is this quick panel . seems to be a new concept are you talking about the quickly access the apps or the connectivity option on the notification bar, can you elaborate its function . because I never heard this term and where exactly did you saw this . is it the sonyericssion phones or some other , even I am also excited about ICS update myself

You are bit close but not quite it is the application that shows the quick access to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, Screen Orientation, etc on the notification bar the only thing that you have to click on that and the quick accesses will be appear and you will be getting access to the all the other apps . Actually if I am not wrong then there already a MOD for that and it is names the QuickPanel which has the SystemUI.apk as well as QuickPanel Settings.apk however for installing that application on the phone you will need to the phone so that you can replace the native SystemUI.apk