Thread: How to disable vibration for dial pad in Sony Ericsson Xperia ray

How to disable vibration for dial pad in Sony Ericsson Xperia ray

Hi friends I have recently bought Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phone and this mobile phone is very good. I want to know is it possible to disable vibration for dial pad in this mobile phone? If it is possible hen please let me know steps for that.

Re: How to disable vibration for dial pad in Sony Ericsson Xperia ray

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that in Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phone there is no option for disabling the vibration for dial pad. If you need any more information then let me know.

I am not sure but you should try these steps to solve this problem. You have to first got to the setting in your mobile phone and after going in to the setting you have to select Language and Keyboard and then you have to tap on the Touch Input. After that you have to tap on the language which you are using in your phone and then you have to uncheck “Vibrate when typing”.

I am not sure it will work for dial pad but you can try this solution.

Thank you for giving me quick replies. After referring your solution I have tried to look for the option of Vibrate when typing language and keyboard setting but there was no such option. Now please let me know how to disable dial pad vibration.

In android 2.3 you will not get option for Vibrate when typing in keyboard and language setting. You should check whether disabling “haptic feedback” help you to solve this problem or not? to do that you havce to follow this steps.

• Go to the setting.
    • Select sound.
    • Now untick “haptic feedback”

This might work for you.

I am also facing same problem in Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phone and first open dial pad and look for the setting related to disal pad vibration but it was not there. Now after that I have also uncheck haptic feedback option from my mobile phone but that does not make any difference.

Now please tell me what should I do?

There is no option to disable dial pad vibration in the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phone. But you can download third party dialer in your Xperia ray and after that you will be able to disable vibration for that dialer. There is a application called SMART dialing which you will get from android market. First install SMART dialing and then turn off vibration for dial pad. I hope this will do trick for you. If you want any more help regarding this then let me know.

I will suggest you to download nubdial application in your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phone. I am using it in my mobile phone and this application is user-friendly and it is fully integrated with the address book. You should also try this application.

Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    I will suggest you to download nubdial application in your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phone. I am using it in my mobile phone and this application is user-friendly and it is fully integrated with the address book. You should also try this application.
    I have downloaded nubdial from android market and thank you for suggesting me this application I really like this. Now is there any way to use this application as default dialer? It will be great if there is such option.

Yes you can set nubdial as default application. All you need to do is open nubdial in your Sony Ericsson Xperia ray mobile phone and then you have to select options and then you have to mark it as default and then it is done. If you want any more help then let me know.