Thread: HP Pavilion dv7 - 4087 is not starting up

HP Pavilion dv7 - 4087 is not starting up

I really like this Netbook but today when I tried to open to it showed me the massage contact hp.com/go/techcenter/startup pavilion dv7-4087l . it don’t even boot windows . I don’t remember I have done something that might have cause this. Looked everywhere but I was not able to find anything on this . is there anyone here can tell me what exactly is wrong with this netbook was working fine earlier . I will be really appreciate this

Thanks in advance

re: HP Pavilion dv7 - 4087 is not starting up

This is odd what I suggest you is to turn the netbook off and then start again and press the F10 key , this will now take you to the bios menu . now in the bios menu you will see the option Advanced or Diagnostic tab and in it will would find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Drive and Memory option. Just run it and post back the error may be I can help you then

Hi guys I need help when I start the computer it gave me the error hard disk no exist. What can I do about this? Does the hard disk on the laptop damaged . pleas help me on this I can seems to be able to solve this issue

I had the similar issue , as do a few others, and if I am not wrong then this might be probably a BIOS issue that can be fixed with an update. So you can moreover downgrade the one version back from the HP site which maybe solve the issue , although that will start the board error for the reason that the BIOS is older than the original, or Try upgrading to latest Bios and see if it solve the issue .

Can anyone help me here, I was just typing a message and suddenly my netbook was off the sending page, after that I got the message from Hp which cause me to stop my netbook for the reason that of a system error. Latet then after some time when I I try to re-start my NetBook but I wasn’t starting in any way. How can I fix this issue can anyone here help me on this , I have pavillon Entertainment Netbook with the AMD AthlonX2 64

Need help please

Have the same issue my laptop is not at all starting its just remain blank when I start it . I have run all the diagnostics by the Esc and the BIOS the primary hard disk full test SMART and there was no error but somehow I am not able to start the laptop , it never gets to the starting windows 7. What should I do about this can anyone here suggest me something I will be really appreciating this it’s just showing continuously a black screen......

Quote Originally Posted by Karia View Post
    Have the same issue my laptop is not at all starting its just remain blank when I start it . I have run all the diagnostics by the Esc and the BIOS the primary hard disk full test SMART and there was no error but somehow I am not able to start the laptop , it never gets to the starting windows 7. What should I do about this can anyone here suggest me something I will be really appreciating this it’s just showing continuously a black screen......
    What I suggest I s get yourself a flashlight or else a directional lamp. Take the net book to the Darken room and just shine the flashlight on the display. Now do you able to see the very dim Windows desktop and if yes then there might be possibility that your backlight inverter might have been failed. Just to be sure what I suggest you is just Plug in a monitor or lcd display to the external video. And if you be able to see the everything that means that there is no problem with the notebook's LCD display and the laptop's video display subsystem

Quote Originally Posted by Charu Sharma View Post
    Hi guys I need help when I start the computer it gave me the error hard disk no exist. What can I do about this? Does the hard disk on the laptop damaged . pleas help me on this I can seems to be able to solve this issue
    So you have no display showing up but there is an error that says that you don’t have the Hard disk. It is very had to say that it is the hard disk problem . all I can say is if possible get the another hard drive that you can install for test and see if that woks and post back the problem

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 - 4087 is not starting up

I need help on this problem I have the Pavilion dv7 1199 cf notebook with the product number FP908EA ABF. I am getting this error replace hard disk 1 rent test item and the windows is not showing up . there is two hardisk installed in it so I don’t know which one is it . I have done the various test and the result is

• Memory test is passed
    • Second hard disk test is passed
    • Smart hard disk is passed
    • Hard disk 1QUIK Diagnostic log 0303

Please guys I need help me on this