Thread: Lost internet connection, only local access with hp G60-125NR

Lost internet connection, only local access with hp G60-125NR

I have a g60 hp model with windows vista installed in it. The issue is neither with the system nor with any software of anything. But it’s completely related to the internet connection.

Yesterday night when I put up my laptop for updating, I accidentally made it to sleep in between the downloading but then when I wake up the machine I saw that the update was interrupted and prompted me to continue. But when I continued, it was actually not able to get connect to the server. And therefore I ended up with only local internet access. Can anyone help me out with this issue?

Re: Lost internet connection, only local access with hp G60-125NR

follow these steps:
    • Command Prompt
    • select 'Run as Administrator'
    • ipconfig /flushdns
    • nbtstat -R
    • nbtstat -RR
    • netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    • netsh winsock reset

type the commands exactly as written, i mean you have to press enter after every command including the spaces.
    when done Exit and then restart the laptop and check out the connectivity.

I am not sure; in fact I am not aware of the above suggestion. But if that doesn’t work then according to there is another place where check out for the solution of your issue, you can see to it that there is no problem with the Layered Service Providers on the laptop.

You can do this by downloading LSP-Fix. It’s a standalone application so you can better delete it afterwards if not required.
    Click on the application, and then run as administrator, if it shows that everything is fine then you could probably see a green writing.

May I know the complete version of your OS, I mean whether you have installed windows vista 32 bit or 64 bit.
    One thing you can probably do is resetting your default value of your current power Plan. There is a complete guide provided by vista in order to reset your power plan. Over there in the guide you will find the option for resetting and restoring all the power plans. For your convenience I would let you know the steps, it’s quite simple:
    • Open the Start Menu
    • In the Start Menu search box
    • Type cmd
    • Press Enter.
    • In the command prompt
    • Copy and paste the command: powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    • Press Enter
    • Close the command prompt.

After following the steps restart the system and see whether the issue persist

Seems like I have fixed the issue with my laptop. The cause for the internet connection gets disconnected was due to the firewall. It was because of the mcafee firewall which was installed in my laptop. This firewall was blocking my internet access.

But now after I turned off the firewall I could easily access the internet without any disconnection, once I got the connection back I turned on the firewall again. And still my connection was secure and working fine. Also I tried testing the connection whether its working fine after I put up the system to sleep. And 3 cheers to my efforts, everything went fine. Now no more disconnections in my laptop even if I put the system to sleep, I can install update keeping the laptop in a sleep mode. Hope whoever facing this issue finds the cause in their machine. So better sort it out.

I am also facing the same issue with the same brand of laptop. let me tell you first that even I have installed windows vista 64 bit on to my system.

Already tried your suggestion of disabling my firewall before accessing the internet connection, the connection was working fine but then when I tested the same with the system by keeping it in sleep mode the issue was still existing. Later on I did the complete reinstallation of mcafee firewall software. And guess what after doing the complete installation when I checked the connection keeping it in all sorts of condition, it was working fine, even in the sleep mode the connection was active and the downloading were proper.

But yet it came up with some other issue. Now the system won’t wake up when I touch the mouse. I usually use to just touch or swipe my figure on the touchpad in order to wake up the machine, but now when I do that it won’t wake up. I have to press the power button for that.

smile Re: Lost internet connection, only local access with hp G60-125NR

I have solved this problem on my HP G60 with Vista SP2 by updating the Wireless Lan Driver (Atheros AR5007).
    I installed the SP48070.exe from here: (I'm not allowed to post URL's , sorry) Hopefully a google search will find it for you!
    h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-82549-1&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Immediately finally got a wireless internet connection and could turn back on Firewall's etc that had made no difference!