Thread: HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop overheating

HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop overheating

I am using this dv6700 laptop since last year, never had any trouble with it. Always smooth and worked well. But from last few months I am facing the issue of overheating in my system.

It’s not that I face this issue always whenever I work on my laptop, this issue occurs only when I play flash videos. And also sometime overheating occurs while playing certain small games. Can anyone help me out? Day by day the temperature of heat is increasing higher and higher.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6700 laptop overheating

The only thing I do whenever I face some problem with my laptop is to contact the customer care, because I personally feel that they are the only one who could provide us with the appropriate and correct solution.

After facing this same issue till now the only solution I got from HP customer care is to keep the vents well ventilated & also clean them from dust. And now that’s what I do always, which in turns give me no such difference. I still face the overheating issue, but yeah if compare the current heat temperature with the previous one then definitely it has decreased a little bit.

It’s not that I face this issue always whenever I work on my laptop, this issue occurs only when I play flash videos. And also sometime overheating occurs while playing certain small games. Can anyone help me out? Day by day the temperature of heat is increasing higher and higher.
    Basically the issue could be due to the graphic card or video card installed in your laptop, as you mentioned in your post that this issue occurs in your system only when you play flash video or some of the small games. Let me tell you that whenever the machine gets overheated due to excess playing of game or anything related to games then definitely the issue could be probably due to the graphic card.

Yeah you are right; the issue is due to the faulty graphic card that has been installed in the system of HP laptops. There have been number of complaints from the HP user regarding the same overheating issue due to the current default NVIDIA graphics chip installed in it from the time of manufacturing. If you are not aware then let me tell you that already there has been an order passed for mass recall of the faulty graphic chips. Your name could have in it been mentioned if you have reported your issue to the HP customer care and if the graphic chip of your laptop was really a faulty one.

I too have problem with nvidia chip. Believing that I could probably reduce the overheating, I installed a cooler pad with two fans already present in it. The heating issue increased at such a level that even my keyboard stopped working and then everything later on everything messed up and the screen went blank. I nowhere notified with any kind of defect. But I too believe that the issue is with the video chip.

Better I replace the laptop from the care center and if they deny to replace it then I would probably return it either. But if you could find any alternate solution or suggest of my issue then please let me know, there is my configuration:
    • HP Pavilion dv6910us
    • AMD Turion 64x2
    • NVidia GeForce Go 7150M
    • 3GB RAM

If you are not aware then let me tell you that already there has been an order passed for mass recall of the faulty graphic chips. Your name could have been mentioned in it if you have reported your issue to the HP customer care and if the graphic chip of your laptop was really a faulty one.
    Now over here I came to know about this mass recall of the faulty nvidia graphic chip. If I would have known about this news before, I must have definitely been the part of this recall.

Anyways but my issue was not just limited with overheating, it also used to froze a lot for at least 3 to 4 times a day and this it won’t start up. I opened the machine, cleaned all the dirt and now it’s working quite well.

If your machine is freezing a lot and if you really wanted to somehow get you system work then one thing you can do is try to run your system in a safe mode. As we all know that running the machine in a safe mode uses less graphics power. So I think if you have a graphic issue which is causing your laptop with sudden freezing then you must try out running your laptop in a safe mode.