Thread: TomTom Go Live 1000 is not providing updated maps

TomTom Go Live 1000 is not providing updated maps

I have been using TomTom Go Live 1000 from a year and I have also paid for all the updated maps, I have been using the TomTom almost for all the time while travelling and now I have found that there are some extensive changes that has been made in the road ways but then the same is not yet updated in the TomTom from a long time, I mean that I have been paying for the latest maps but then the latest changes are not there, I know that tracking down the changes in the roads are not that simple but then it has been a year and still the map are not updated with the changes, is there anyone who has faced the same or has an idea about report this or what is the issue all about???

Re: TomTom Go Live 1000 is not providing updated maps

I have been using TomTom Go Live 1000 from a year and I have also paid for all the updated maps, I have been using the TomTom almost for all the time while travelling and now I have found that there are some extensive changes that has been made in the road ways but then the same is not yet updated in the TomTom from a long time, I mean that I have been paying for the latest maps but then the latest changes are not there, I know that tracking down the changes in the roads are not that simple but then it has been a year and still the map are not updated with the changes, is there anyone who has faced the same or has an idea about report this or what is the issue all about???
    I have been facing the same with my TomTom and I have been using it from 3 years and trust me that I have been paying for the latest updated maps all the time but then I don’t know why they are not providing the changes that has been made in the last 2 to 3 years, sometimes I feel that I am just wasting money for getting the updated maps which are not actually updated, I will like to share that I have also contacted the Tele Atlas which is the TomTom's map provider but then they said that we will have to wait for at least a year and so to get the changes in the map as it just depends on the priority Tele Atlas is conceding, I really don’t know what to do, I am looking forward to get an alternative for tomtom now.

I am thinking of doing the same, I won’t be paying for the next batch of new maps as I doubt that they will actually be updating it as if they have not done it, anyways I just wanted to know if there is anyone who can help us out with an alternative for the tomtom and get better map updates??? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

In that case I will like to inform you both that the Navteq product here will be a better option for you, I think that’s the only option as it is the only map provider for PND's but then I think that it will be better than tomtom, as I have checked out the review of the same and have not found people complaining about the maps that gets updated, I am not sure if they provide completely updated maps but then I have heard that they do provide the extensive changes that occurs in the route.

I really don’t think so, I have not found many people complaining about the updated maps with the tomtom as well as it differs from region to region, I mean that one cannot say that tomtom is better than Navteq or Navteq is better than tomtom and all as I have found that in some regions tomtom is taking the lead where as Navteq is taking the lead in some other regions, so just check out the which one is maintaining map in your region and get the same. Hope that helps.

I think that a better idea will be getting an iphone and using the google maps, I was using the Tom-Tom from 2 years and was not getting subdivisions in NC and as everyone you all have mentioned that they are not providing the maps with the actual extensive changes that has been made in certain regions, I have stopped using Tom-Tom, I have found that the google maps or some other third part apps=s which are ahead of these are ahead of the devices as far as the updated map is concerned.