Thread: Rooting Sony Xperia S

Rooting Sony Xperia S

Is there anyone over here who has rooted this phone successfully and if anyone has tried then do tell me some way by which I would be able to successfully root this phone. so is there any help that I can get from over here then do reply to me. I would be happy to hear about that.

Re: Rooting Sony Xperia S

Hey dude don’t worry about it I have got a definite solution for you and this one is surely going to help you in some way or the another.

Now before telling you the method I would like to say that this method will work only for the unlocked bootloaders phone only. Now download this attachment from the following link . once you have downloaded that file now connect your phone in fastboot mode to the system. After having done that open up the command prompt and then type the following command ‘astboot flash system system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img’. having done that it will immediately root your phone after that.

That’s how it is done I hope this certainly helps you initially.

ThumbsUp Re: Rooting Sony Xperia S

Ok that’s a great answer. Well I just want to know which command prompt are you talking about over there is it the Android Debug Bridge or of the windows? Which one? Well I was pretty unsure about it that’s why I asked it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bIbEkS View Post
    Ok that’s a great answer. Well I just want to know which command prompt are you talking about over there is it the Android Debug Bridge or of the windows? Which one? Well I was pretty unsure about it that’s why I asked it with you.
    Well I am talking about the windows one and not anything else. But first you need to have a fastboot installed then only you will be able to carry on with this process otherwise a big no for you. That’s all I can say here.

I happened to download a kernel for my xperia S from a different side named as xda developer. Well I found it to be useful but frankly speaking I was not able to download anything from the android market at all. So as of now I have switched back to the stock version but I am on the lookout for the new kernel that will not have any such issues at all.

Anyways I will have a look at this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    I happened to download a kernel for my xperia S from a different side named as xda developer. Well I found it to be useful but frankly speaking I was not able to download anything from the android market at all. So as of now I have switched back to the stock version but I am on the lookout for the new kernel that will not have any such issues at all.

Anyways I will have a look at this one as well.
    Ok don’t worry about that I have got a fix for you what you should do is go to the settings. In that applications. Now search for the market in the list. After having done that delete the Data of the App. Done with that everything will work fine for you.

ThumbsUp Re: Rooting Sony Xperia S

Nice to see you all guys got started with the rooting as well. I just got this phone and will begin with the rooting process in a couple of days or so.