Thread: Maps is not installing in Tomtom VIA 1405

Maps is not installing in Tomtom VIA 1405

it been a month I have bought this device and I am not able to update map and I don’t know what the problem is and there are some road that is not available . so I did call the CS lie 5 to 6 time and no one has any clue on this . I dot know if I can return it as I bought it trough the EBay. I have no idea what to do ,is there any one here can help me on this I wull be really appreciating it

thanks

Re: Maps is not installing in Tomtom VIA 1405

This is common on the tomtom product I have to go through lots of trouble to get my device to work. All I have to do is MANUALLY RESET THE TIME that’s it the system start to recognized the unit and I can downloaded all of the updates. Also it is the only way to get the satellites to synch.

That solution looks very promising. But resetting the time is not helping me. I have this device for a month now but I was only able to connect it once . the first day I lost the connection and after that I amnever be able to connect the map again . Mytomtom displays that I contain the updates awaiting installation, however while I plug my device into my pc , I was not able connect the computer . I did the manually reset the time post I get my hope up, however it did not assist. So the last option I am returning mine to the store from where I got it

I tried number of things, mytomtom box in the lower right say connecting. So I clicked the setting and below cache I selected the 'empty cache option. Thought the emptying the cache might be useful to remove old items. I deleted the cache and that it , my device begin to upload the new items. Took a minute and it was completed. Now the whole thing appeared superior.