Thread: Unable to install Maps in tomtom VIA 1500

Unable to install Maps in tomtom VIA 1500

So here is my problem I am not able to install the Maps after downloading . Apparently there is some issue with the software of the tomtom VIA 1500. So I contacted the Customer support and they also have no idea on this issue. I did everything that is possibly done but nothing is solving this issue. is there anyone here can tell me what the problem , I am considering returning this product please help …..?

Re: Unable to install Maps in tomtom VIA 1500

I had the same issue and it is really weird that the customer support have no idea regarding this. I actually then return my tomtom VIA 1500and get the Garmin Nuvi 1350 which had the same feature a the tomtom VIA 1500 but was very much cheaper than it. I now decided that I will never going to buy the TomTom product . really their product is costly and not properly made and very poor and un-professional customer.

Well I also same issue but when I called the customer service they activated my maps but it took a bit long time to activating the map. I know it is irritating but worth having this device

This is really ridiculous The website intended for the Via1500 really awful . I had a TomTom One XL and really liked it . The website that it used know me while I connect in my TomTom; I never had to log in it knew me. I can select from more than a few different voices plus able to operate my TomTom from my PC. This new TomTom website really awful with tomtom VIA 1500 .

Yeah I agree with you in this. I have the similar issue with the same problem. The product was actually release prior to the even the support for the same was available. in addition to the maps not updating , there is NO method to backup as well as restore favorites, unable to put in features advertised. This is like the beta product . the only solution to this is either to switch to another brand or to wait till the produce is fully developed and support software is available as well as working